Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Day 2 stuff-modified cars

Old 10-04-2016, 09:21 PM
SCR Sponsor

Thanked 3,149 Times in 915 Posts
Default Re: Plowman's Day 2 Dyno Day

Great job Paul!

Makes we want to take my 67 out for a small beating [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/[/img]
Old 10-05-2016, 01:44 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Catching up a bit as I compile more pictures. My sister Eileen and her husband Fran helped us put the steering back together and push it into the trailer. Not in the pic, and a great guy I don't want to leave out is Dave &quot;67Novaboy&quot; for his help on parts ad friendship. We had to overhaul the steering column as part of this update and he came through. I would have hated to move this car without steering. Thanks Dave!

Here is my Mom, steering the Nova into the trailer. If the motor was in the car still, we probably could have use the tow tabs. Just too light in the front without it and wasn't that fun to steer.

After getting the car there- Mike, Bob, my Dad and I were all thrilled with how well this project went. They did a great job and the parts &amp; prep my Dad had done really helped this get wrapped up quickly. Thanks Mom, Mike &amp; Bob!

Earlier in this thread, I mentioned the big contribution our long time friend Andy Starr of Hilborn was. We couldn't be happier with how this little motor turned out. Mike and Bob were also fans of how well this old stuff ran in the Nova!

Last pic for tonight is this one here of local legend and hard core historical aficionado Dave Schrader. Gotta thank him for recalling so many of the clues of the Nova's early life and helping me get in touch with the original owner, Bob Moody.

Old 10-05-2016, 03:44 AM

Thanked 5,356 Times in 1,880 Posts

Very, very cool!
Old 10-05-2016, 12:35 PM

This car has been with Paul most of it's life and couldn't be in better hands! Great family project of this 67 Nova...Thanks to Paul for getting ME into Nova's way back in 77 at Hopkins Ford where Paul worked. He rolls in the bay of the shop one night while I was detailing a body shop car, the Nova rumbles in with it's 3&quot; exhaust and the LT1 and rolls by me to the front of the shop with a few quick hits of the throttle and I was hooked on Nova's ever since!

Great job everyone did and looks perfect! Paul did this right with collecting parts for when the time came to change it over...young Paul and family did a amazing job on getting the 67 ready for the transplant. Great see Paul happy and back in the 67 where he belongs!

Thumbs up on this one guys!!!

Dave
67 Nova Boy
Old 10-17-2016, 05:24 PM

Had a nice surprise this weekend. My buddy Matt who recently retired form the Air Force and is taking a job with the Nacy in Honolulu stopped by to see me. He even brought one of his bikes up- cause he says a Triumph really isn't ideal foe being stuck on an island!

He is the same guy who helped me pull the motor out, so it was nice for my Dad and I to take him out in the Nova. We went out to a Cars &amp; Coffee- though I think they need to call it Caffeine &amp; Gasoline for some reason- at Old Forge Motor Cars in Lansdale. Would be nice to get some more of the locals to attend- so open invitation to meet up next Saturday morning. If you say you'e going- we'd be happy to meet you there!

Tried to get a video of the car idling, though the cell phone video doesn't really do it justice. Crank up the speakers! This is the vintage Hooker's through the vintage 2.5 Corvair Turbo mufflers- very early 1970's stuff. A great nostalgic sound before Flowmaster &amp; Borla took over.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/looJYBUgMgw"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/looJYBUgMgw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

I think he got some in car video, but if not, we'll get some fresh stuff.

Side note for you bike guys. Matt surprised me Friday by showing up and taking me to a little GTG at a local vintage bike shop. Great music and people for a nice Fall night.

The green custom Triumph will likely be residing at my house for the next 5 years in hopes it can get ridden enough to keep it alive. Anyone interested?

Old 10-18-2016, 03:38 AM

Is there a thread we have on exhaust videos? I'd lIke to throw this one in it.
Old 10-18-2016, 11:54 AM

PAULIEEEEEE great job!
Old 10-18-2016, 12:12 PM
Banned

Thanked 1,490 Times in 610 Posts

Great looking car..!!.. Ill have to watch the video when I am home as work blocks youtube..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pxtx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is there a thread we have on exhaust videos? I'd lIke to throw this one in it. </div></div>

I would like this if we dont already..
Old 10-22-2016, 02:08 AM

Great car and history love the day two ( and the old transmission shifter)
1971 442 W 30 holiday coupe
Old 06-27-2017, 08:57 PM

I was parked fairly close to this car at Carlisle last weekend (one row over, in a white '65 Nova). Really neat car! Loved the vintage-looking cheater slicks and cross-ram.