Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar Features

Old 07-08-2005, 04:57 AM

Default Re: July '05 Feature Car

Sam,
I am almost positive that we are related. If they are a part of our original family that settled in that area many years ago. Most of our family is located up and down the East coast because it all started with two brothers who came to the "colonies" back a couple of centuries ago. I don't know the folks specifically that you are talking about but they are for sure on the old family tree.
Alan
Old 07-08-2005, 04:14 PM

Alan,
Great job on the restoration. I was just wondering if perhaps you saw my car at Colonial when you bought yours. Mine is red with black stripes and it also has the sport mirrors. It's a long shot I know but I was just curious. I've had my car for 20+ years and I am currently restoring it.
Old 07-09-2005, 03:15 AM

Bob,
I probably did see your car when I bought my car. I went there right after they got in a large shipment and they had 12 Deuces on the lot(can you imagine?) and they were in 6 different colors. They had each color in an automatic and in a four speed. It was quite a sight for those of us who like these muscle cars. So, thanks to my insurance agent I didn't buy the Corvette but the Deuce instead.
I wish you all the best on your restoration. If I can help with part sources or restoration pictures that I have on CD, please let me know. Your best source is my yet to meet in person, good friend and mentor on this project, Marlin. He reads this board pretty often so I think he would be glad to help also.
Alan
Old 07-09-2005, 06:32 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,668 Times in 993 Posts

"Charley hasn't asked about it so I guess he must not like the '70 Deuces. I can't bear to give it away but I can sure give you a ride in the old "Detroit Iron"......
I missed this thread till now.....Can I have it ?...Actually it is so cool that you still have it , it would be a shame to see it go anywhere else. Frank says he can spank you at the track though......
Old 07-09-2005, 07:40 AM

I don't know about that race. We haven't heard from Frank on such a challenge. Maybe it would be like the old wild west gunfights where the sun is shining so bright off the new paint job that I could dazzle all challengers with the bright light in their eyes.
Actually I think Frank and Marlin had quite a go at it during the last SCR. I am not so sure that we could do any better that that.
Old 07-09-2005, 07:49 AM

Alan......no challenge coming from over here....two old dogs like Schoney and yourself deserve respect!

Besides the obvious fact that blue is beautiful, what made you choose YOUR Deuce? Was it between that and another color? What did your friends/family think of the car when it was new? Were they disapointed that you did not get a big block?
Old 07-09-2005, 04:08 PM

Great Story and Beautiful Car.
2006 SALEEN S281 #527
Old 07-09-2005, 11:39 PM

Frank,
I chose the blue without any hesitation because it is my favorite color. The combination of the Fathom blue and the white stripes was enough to start me salivating and when I took it for a test drive, I knew that I had to have that car. The few big block cars that Colonial had in stock again created an insurance problem for me so I had to just settle for the Deuce I haven't been disappointed since except for the period of time before the resto when the engine was continually fouling plugs on 3 cylinders. We took care of that first thing by having the engine blueprinted, line bored and balanced. Now it runs like a jet when I punch the accelerator and at idle it sounds almost like a mean Harley Davidson but you could set a glass of water on the air cleaner and it hardly vibrates. I just am having such a good time with my car since the resto that it's like the car is new again, only better.
I did enjoy reading the articles in the muscle car magazines about SCR7 and it looks like you guys just had a great time either racing(which would now give me the heebie jeebies with the Deuce) or at the show.
Kudos to y'all,
Alan
Old 07-12-2005, 06:25 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

You only live once Alan - take that beauty down the track with us, you won't regret it You don't have to hammer it, but, when you got a Schoneye, a Frankie, or a Jerry next to ya - how can you not eh?
67 RS Camaro-327/250hp, 2speed Glide, & 3.08 Open (Danny's Ride)
Old 07-13-2005, 06:48 AM

Marlin,
I can give it the old college try if all four of you guys like to get a good laugh. I would be so afraid of breking something that I would probably be turning a 25 second quarter mile while you guys had made the run and come back to have a cold one while I am still making the run.
How embarassing
It will still be fun to make a run if you guys can get us in the Super Chevy magazine again. That was too cool!
By the way, what kind if times were clocked at the SCR7?
Alan