Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-13-2007, 08:16 PM

Default 1970 Camaro Z28 RS 4 speed Project

I am selling my project 1970 Z28. It is a real (documented with build sheet) 1970 Z28 RS 4 speed car built (06D) in Van Nuys CA. It was sold from F.H. Daily Chevrolet in San Leandro, CA. This is a true factory 4 speed car as well as true factory RS car. This car does not have it's original born with engine block and transmission. The 350 engine, M-22 and 12 bolt have all been rebuilt. The engine block and M-22 are not V.I.N. matching. The core of the professionally rebuilt engine is the original forged (1182) crankshaft laid into a 1973 dated 3970010 4 bolt main 350 block. The oil pan and windage tray are all LT-1 correct. All the correct deep groove pulleys are GM originals and included. A restored 1970 Z28 Holley carburetor, list #4489, dated February 1970 is included. The beautifully restored original dual snorkel air cleaner is included. Yes... the air cleaner has the notches on the seams of the snorkels. The original 621 aluminum bell housing is included. The engine was rebuilt with .030 over flat top pistons and a .475 inch lift hydraulic cam. The intake manifold is the original (2110). The heads are 1973 dated 492 (camel hump) castings with angled plugs, hard seats, 2.02/1.60 valves, moly pushrods, screw in studs with guide plates. An extra (E 18 0) dated 3970010 4 bolt 350 block (#2482 casting main caps) and an extra set of 186 casting camel hump heads dated (E 17 0 and E 19 0) will be included with car. The extra block and heads will require machining. The April 1969 dated M-22 (20 degree low helix cut gears) is a fresh rebuild with less than 1000 miles. The 4.10 (C O O) 12 bolt is rebuilt with zero miles. 5 spoke steel Z28 wheels with 1" X 13/16" oval valve stem holes are included. The interior of the Camaro is black deluxe with console. The deluxe door panels are in excellent condition and the best I have ever seen. The deluxe RS wheel is crack free. The center console with 4 speed deluxe bezel is also very nice. The deluxe front buckets and rear seat have original covers, the drivers side has a small tear. Dash is curled, but not cracked. The complete interior except headliner is out of the car now. The complete drivetrain is also out of the car. The car is a roller... it has a temporary rear end in it now. The body has very little rust.
The rust that I can see is at the base of the pillars behind the windshield on the dash panel and on the trunk floor well. The passenger fender has rust but I have a correct original fender that is included with the car. The floorboards and framerails are rust free. The original RS nose still has a nice fit. The original color is 51 51, Daytona Yellow with black stripes. The body is covered with dark gray primer now. The car will require a complete body and paint restoration. I believe an original Daytona Yellow, factory 1970 Camaro Z28 Rally Sport 4 speed with black deluxe interior is very rare. I really haven't begun yet to strip the car to the shell to have it media blasted to the metal. It was my plan to start this part of the restoration. Aside from the build sheet to prove it's authenticity is the fact that the gas pedal is mounted to the floor board, the gauge cluster has a 150 speedo and 8 k tachometer, the u-shaped sway bar brackets are welded to the rear frame rails, the rear bumper has 2 bumperettes. I have an interest in another car. The price is $24000 for my project. If I do not sell the car, I will just continue the restoration. I wish this was a numbers car, I would then be able to offer it for at least $60,000 when done.

Tony 510-299-2747
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...