Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Day 2 stuff-modified cars

Old 01-23-2016, 01:35 PM

Default Re: Dedicated Day 2 Thread

Nice stance on the camaro
Old 01-23-2016, 03:13 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Pat, I think your car would look awesome with real chrome reverse wheels. You can buy them again very reasonable. Don't get the chintzy multi bolt pattern but the real ones-they are reproduced again .. Get em reversed too and don't run hubcaps. You have lots of blue paint on your car..needs to be broken up with some chrome an the chrome reverse will be dead on for the 67-69 period. <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pat_Dilling</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My Day 2 style L72 '68 Biscayne tribute is getting close to the &quot;done for now&quot; point. It was a running driving somewhat finished car when I got. I am working to make it a close memory to my original L72 car that is mentioned earlier in this thread. Some of the things I have done is replace non-period correct things like braided fuel line, split loom over the wiring, aftermarket steering wheel, fuel cell and other things. I also painted the black Rallye wheels body color and put narrower wheels and tires on the front. Most recent change was replacing cut down rear springs and air shocks with Moog stock replacement springs and KYB heavy duty shocks. Last thing in this stage will be installing a radiator/fan shroud. She is just about ready for Hot August Nights in Reno. Here are some pictures of the way she sits now. I am open and appreciative of suggestions to hit the vintage Day 2 mark. You can see more of the things I have been doing, including some videos, at the Biscayne My Way link in my signature.

</div></div>
The Following User Says Thank You to whitetop For This Useful Post:
Peter426 (08-01-2017)
Old 01-23-2016, 06:36 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DW31S</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where is that Camaro today? Good one Kurt! I'm doing some research on my '69 Camaro ex-racer and am finding it did some battle with Hemi cars when it was configured in B/S and SS/D. I must tell you, I'm beginning to get intrigued with some of those elephant engines......don't worry, I'm not jumping ship!!! </div></div>

Few years later after a blown slick

Old 01-23-2016, 07:47 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: whitetop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pat, I think your car would look awesome with real chrome reverse wheels. You can buy them again very reasonable. Don't get the chintzy multi bolt pattern but the real ones-they are reproduced again .. Get em reversed too and don't run hubcaps. You have lots of blue paint on your car..needs to be broken up with some chrome an the chrome reverse will be dead on for the 67-69 period. </div></div>

Thanks for the ideas. Since this posting I replaced the 454 with a CE block L72. My current project is changing over to a short water pump and driver side alternator that would be correct for 68. It's getting closer and closer to the way I want it and more similar to my original car.

My '68 Biscayne updates and fixes: http://tinyurl.com/Biscayne-My-Way

'68 Biscayne how I got it: http://tinyurl.com/Biscayne-Baseline
Old 01-23-2016, 07:52 PM

Ouch!
Old 01-23-2016, 10:53 PM

Kurt, Wow! That Camaro took a shot! That had to be more than a blown slick.....like blew an engine and got in its own oil at speed and tagged the wall......hard! When was that?
Pat, Love the Biscayne and eight tracks! I always liked white wheels myself, might be a little bland with the light Blue, but easy enough to try.
And that '74 Malibu had a metamorphis!!! What a change......for the better! A very affordable and fun car that you can actually use!
Old 04-18-2016, 04:27 PM

Hurst bars

http://m.ebay.com/itm/ANSEN-LAKEWOOD-STY...2971?nav=SEARCH

Old 04-25-2016, 04:22 AM

Comp Cams sticker from the 80s. I don't know if they still use this design or not. My grandfather got it when he put a cam in a 350 he built back in '87.

Also have an old Mallory Voltmaster Mark II coil

'68 Camaro SS (454/TH400, possible L78/M22) LeMans Blue, black deluxe interior, black vinyl top. 3.73- mostly Day 2.
'89 Mustang GT- 3.55, subframe connectors, muffler delete, and a couple other minor mods. Exactly as he wanted it, so how it shall stay

Also:
1995 Ford F-150 XL
2004 Dodge Ram Hemi GTX- #192 of 433

Ain't no fun in viewing your car as an 'investment'. Get out there and beat on it!
Old 05-14-2016, 02:28 AM

Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,925 Posts

This car is keeping me up at night.

http://tinyurl.com/hv7zpxy

Old 05-14-2016, 02:35 AM

Nice ...