Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 03-04-2018, 06:41 PM

A week or so ago I locate & buy a 69 Coronet that's been in storage for 27 years. Seller tells me that he was building a Super Bee tribute and the engine, trans, hood and other misc parts came off a real lift off hood car (that he also owned) and hands me the M code title and matching A12 fender tag.
So, I go to the A12 registry and it's not listed but could be either #63 or 122, listed as missing. This vin# is only 3 digits from the #69 car. Anybody know who the 'go to guy' for the A 12 registry?
Old 03-04-2018, 07:05 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaMob03 View Post
A week or so ago I locate & buy a 69 Coronet that's been in storage for 27 years. Seller tells me that he was building a Super Bee tribute and the engine, trans, hood and other misc parts came off a real lift off hood car (that he also owned) and hands me the M code title and matching A12 fender tag.
So, I go to the A12 registry and it's not listed but could be either #63 or 122, listed as missing. This vin# is only 3 digits from the #69 car. Anybody know who the 'go to guy' for the A 12 registry?
I'm sure A12pilot who has posted on this thread could get you in touch with who maintains the A12 registry.

You can also register on the A12 forum: http://a12mopar.com/yabb/YaBB.pl and I'm sure they would help you out.

While the Fender Tag and title give the the parts and a possible car body provenance, they're nothing but trouble waiting to happen unless the body exists. Best of luck with the sale or build.
Old 03-04-2018, 07:51 PM

Thanks...I got a bill of sale for the Coronet and the donor parts, just to be safe. It's already for sale. Bad knee won't allow me to shift gears anymore, unfortunately
Old 03-05-2018, 03:01 PM

Default a-12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaMob03 View Post
Thanks...I got a bill of sale for the Coronet and the donor parts, just to be safe. It's already for sale. Bad knee won't allow me to shift gears anymore, unfortunately
Did you try moparts? Send me some info on it!
Old 03-05-2018, 05:23 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/c...515601550.html
Old 03-05-2018, 06:57 PM
Yenko Advertising Member

Thanked 4,576 Times in 1,137 Posts

If you want to PM me the VIN I'll check, or you can talk to the guys on the A12 site. Darrin Stanke, Dave Watt, Dave Carson are the big number guys over there. Big D (Darrin) is a real whiz at the number stuff. Dave Carson is the one that runs the website.

I'd like to see that Fender Tag. If the engine is from that original A12 car, the block will be stamped as will the transmission with the 9Axxxxxx VIN number which should match that tag. The hood, a quick lift, will reveal if its real. The underside will not be smooth or look like a mat. It will be choppy fiberglass and you'll see some green (original color of the gelcoat) coming through. If it's smooth, it's a repop. Trans is easy if no VIN... just count the input splines which will be 18 (Hemi trans correct for the A12 cars). All other input shafts are 23 spline. No vin on the DANA,but there is a BOM number on the axle tube (I think passenger side facing rear but not positive.... been a while! )

Other A12 options if he kept more parts are 15x6 "H" stamped steel wheels (H is in a certain place on the wheel), S15 Leaf Springs (Hemi and R/T cars got this too), G70x15 Goodyears, spacers under the front lower control are bumpers to compensate for the larger tires, 780/781 Torsion bars, of course engine internals, unique air cleaner. Everything else on the body is stock 69 Dodge. Nothing crazy. It's the drivetrain that makes the A12 an A12..... and that Whale Shark hood comin ' at ya like a Big Dawg!!

Cheers
Dave
Old 03-06-2018, 02:02 AM

I sent a pic of the M code title and fender tag to Dave at the A12 Registry. Glad to send it to you as well.
The title (which is dead) fender tag and A833 trans vin #'s match up, but remember this is the donor car that the seller stripped. The 440 is J code ('73) and the Dana is out of a charger. Lots of other parts came off the A12 or, so it seems to me. The hood is a real one.
I believe it the A12 was crushed but have a strong feeling it is (was) either #63 or #122
Thx to combinefixer for the link...

Last edited by NovaMob03; 03-06-2018 at 02:19 AM. Reason: Add'l words