Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Dealer Specific Discussion > Baldwin-Motion Performance

Old 06-22-2009, 06:59 AM

Default Phase 3 Z30?

I hate to say it,but from the price this thing is bid up to I am guessing that somebody is thinking they are getting a Motion car.Aside from having no verification,I see a few problems with this car.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1972-chev...A1%7C240%3A1318

I hope that they dont think that the paint/stripes are original,it looks to me like the driver's quarter has a skin on it{and a poor job at that}.

They better check the hidden VIN on the firewall.I have owned many early 2nd gen Camaros,and something seems off to me.The body tag says 11D as the build date,and the VIN sequence is 143,xxx.I have both a 73 firebird,and 73 camaro and recently cut up a 73 firebird,and also have a 74 camaro.Both the firebirds were 11C Cars and their VIN's were 103,xxx,and my 73 camaro is an 11D and is 108,xxx.My 74 is a 9C and is a 102,xxx.That vin sounds like a March or April car,but maybe the strike threw things off a bit that year.It has some cool emblems though.

Does aybody else think that somebody might be getting fleeced here?
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 06-22-2009, 07:26 AM

Default Re: Phase 3 Z30?

i'm not sure if its real or not. The seller answered an email i sent him and said some knowledgeable people looked it over and said its real. Im skeptical but at the same time im kinda hopeful its real because I like to see these thing emerge like this out of no where. I guess only time will tell and that does look like a bad quarter job. im keeping my fingers crossed
Old 06-22-2009, 07:36 AM

Motion fakes from back in the 70's are rampant in North Jersey.Just last week went to look at a 72 Camaro in the very next town away from this one.Last registered in 1978{and seemingly parked in a lake after that}it had Motion flares,an L88 scoop over the stock hood and huge aluminum slot mags on it.The seller didnt imply it was a Motion car,but this is one of many similar cars that were given the "motion makeover" back in the day.
Old 06-22-2009, 07:37 PM

I am watching the auction myself just out of curiosity. I took the time to contact the seller and he shared with me all that he knew at the time which was not a whole lot BTW. Like me, he does not know much of the Motion cars. He said that there is some guy that would confirm, document an affidavit for $2500 bucks stating that it is a true Motion Camaro. Something smells fishy there. The guy that is selling the car is the owner of a body shop and has had it for 17 years and just wants it out of the shop. Who knows?

Someone here that lives near his shop that knows these cars should go check it out and post about it.
Old 06-23-2009, 01:42 AM

that some guy is Joel "Mr Motion" Rosen. he is the owner of MOTION Performance and the builder of BALDWIN/MOTION SUPERCARS. Nothing fishy about him and he has the documentation to verify whether the car is a real deal or a phony. if the owner had the documentation it would be worth a great deal to someone looking for a BALDWIN MOTION with its pedigree. and i believe the price is 2500 for the vehicle research.but having a MOTION CAMARO in my eyes is priceless.
Old 06-23-2009, 06:28 PM

Like I said I know nothing about these cars nor know a thing about Mr. Rosen, well until now

THANKS
Old 06-24-2009, 02:06 AM
Administrator

Thanked 6,171 Times in 1,338 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
that some guy is Joel "Mr Motion" Rosen. he is the owner of MOTION Performance and the builder of BALDWIN/MOTION SUPERCARS. Nothing fishy about him and he has the documentation to verify whether the car is a real deal or a phony. if the owner had the documentation it would be worth a great deal to someone looking for a BALDWIN MOTION with its pedigree. and i believe the price is 2500 for the vehicle research.but having a MOTION CAMARO in my eyes is priceless.

[/ QUOTE ]

What documentation does Joel have? Has anyone seen the documentation. My understanding is that he asks for pics of accessories still on the car, holes and welding used for motion modifications and such. Please elaborate....

If he has documentation (assuming it is based on the VIN) all he would need is a VIN; is that what he needs to verify.

Vintage Certification™ , Providing Recognition to Unrestored Muscle Cars. Website:
www.vintagecertification.com
Old 06-24-2009, 02:38 AM

he needs vin and cowl tag info. if he built the car he has the vin and cowl tag in his files. im sure that there are other questions he will ask also. do a title search and get the original owners name with vin and cowltag info and call him. it is a non refundable transaction 2500.00 either way whether it is or isnt
Old 06-24-2009, 07:00 AM

im not the definitive source on this but when i talked with him awhile back on a car i was looking at he asked me what info i had. i told him about the car what i knew. he said get the vin and tag info. do research of your own. such as title search, get any documents of the car that you can.he will ask questions about things he did to the car to see if they are still there. hes a man of his word. he wont piddle around he will tell you whether its real or bogus and if someone steps on his toes (selling repop parts, selling clones as originals or making up or falsifying documents) he has no problem introducing the perp to his attorney. he a great guy. the few times i talked to him he was blunt and to the point. if he says hes got the proof if the cars a real deal or not you can bet your rear he is telling the truth. he does have the documents. 2500 is his price reguardless of the outcome.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:36 AM

ok let me say this again IM NOT THE AUTHORITY ON THIS. I'm only giving the info that was asked of me when I made the call. Once again I apologize if I confused or mislead or offened anyone . that was not my intent