Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Dealer Specific Discussion > Fred Gibb Chevrolet

Old 01-20-2006, 12:52 AM

Default Re: Fred Gibb trademark

If the applications are not withdrawn and the case goes to a hearing, yes, that would probably help.
Old 01-28-2006, 05:41 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Why can't everybody just ease up and not be so worried about money. After all that is what disputes like this are basically all about. If you are doing the correct things, with respect, the money will come.
Old 01-29-2006, 08:19 PM

Money rules this hobby absolutely these days. In the era of $800,000 ZL-1's and $200,000 Yenkos, these are no longer referred to as fast,fun cars but as investments. The "hobby" factor is over. Especially for the little guy that works a regular job and could never save up enough money to own his dream car. When the obscene amounts of money came into the picture, everybody wanted in on it and morals just went down the proverbial toilet. How did I miss the point in time where a '69 Camaro is worth more than most homes. I've always been convinced that more money is acquired by ill means than honest ones. The key to material wealth is self-preservation and not to be concerned with "hurting someone's feelings". If this is you and you can sleep well at night, then congrats. Don't forget the old adage, "nice guys finish last". And they don't get rich either.
Old 01-30-2006, 03:39 AM

Default Re: Fred Gibb trademark ZL 1

I just picked up a vintage 1969 mag. It shows a ZL 1 camaro, & it has a ZL 1 emblem in the grille. Was that standard on these cars? I'm a firebird guy.
Old 01-30-2006, 04:05 AM

can you share that article and pics
Old 01-30-2006, 04:14 AM

That has to be that well-photographed black with gold trim GM press car. I want to say it had four wheel disc brakes and a lower compression ratio for street driving. De-tuned a little for street use compared to the radicalness (is that a word?) of the regular 69 ZL-1 race cars. Shame it never made production. Martin Schorr released a book back in the eighties that had several pictures of it.
Old 01-30-2006, 04:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Money rules this hobby absolutely these days. In the era of $800,000 ZL-1's and $200,000 Yenkos, these are no longer referred to as fast,fun cars but as investments.

<font color="red"> Not true. Our cars are fast, fun cars, not investments. </font>

The "hobby" factor is over. Especially for the little guy that works a regular job and could never save up enough money to own his dream car. When the obscene amounts of money came into the picture, everybody wanted in on it and morals just went down the proverbial toilet. How did I miss the point in time where a '69 Camaro is worth more than most homes. I've always been convinced that more money is acquired by ill means than honest ones. The key to material wealth is self-preservation and not to be concerned with "hurting someone's feelings". If this is you and you can sleep well at night, then congrats. Don't forget the old adage, "nice guys finish last". And they don't get rich either.

<font color="red"> I know several nice guys who have done quite well for themselves. I think the key was, instead of complaining about how bad things were, they went out and made $$$ the old fashioned way, hard work. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-30-2006, 05:28 AM

TC, you are sadly mistaken if you think I am complaining about not owning or being able to afford a "true" supercar and I really, really hope that your reply to mine is not your indication that I haven't worked hard for the things that I own(ed). I can look through my photo album of cars and say I'm pretty proud of almost all of them. In fact, I've done quite well on some recent investments and I'm really glad I don't have the burning desire to own and blow it all on some factory/dealer 427 Camaro. These cars are fun to me. I blast them to the rev-limiters, throw rubber all over the quarters and generally try my damndest to break them. That's what they're for, but too many times I read these threads about how much something is worth or the astronomical price some car or part sold for. You yourself are always quoting to the people/magazines what that funny car or those Yenkos are worth.
Old 01-30-2006, 05:39 AM

Just sounded like sour grapes to me, and slam on a lot of us who have "blown $$$ on factory/dealer 427 Camaros".
Old 01-30-2006, 06:39 AM

Obviously, you have taken offense to my statements for whatever reason, but fine, have it your way. I am not "slamming" fellow musclecar enthusiasts. If you want to accuse me of that word, then accuse me of "slamming" the people that are in this for the money, the people that take advantage of the others that are in this for fun and the love of the cars. Myself, given the choice between a house to live in or a 427 Camaro, I think I'd take the house. To each his priorities.