Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Dealer Specific Discussion > Dick Harrell

Old 06-19-2012, 04:41 AM

Default Re: RogerD's 1969 Dick Harrell Chevelle

Wait a minute. You mean you can't even display pictures or share info about your car because it bears the name of Dick Harrell? Is that even legal? The car was built and sold by Dick Harrell Performance Center when it was new. It was a product that YOU paid for WHEN NEW and is authentic (Dick Harrell GOT his money when he modified the car). Does that mean I can't display my old Coca Cola signs because the Coca Cola Company owns the trademark? The signs were manufactured as Coke advertising when new, just like your car was built and sold new as a Dick Harrell modified car. It's not like I went out and made up my signs, or you went out and cloned a Dick Harrell car therefore committing trademark infringement, they were born that way (or in your case, created literally on day 2). WTF?
Old 06-19-2012, 10:22 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Frank, take a look at Rogers post about his car on Team Chevelle. There is a post from "Mrs. Dick Harrell" that is pretty interesting to read.
34 Ford Sedan..Hemi powered
Michigan/ Florida
Old 06-19-2012, 03:04 PM

Thanked 4,517 Times in 2,144 Posts

I feel sick after reading that TC thread as Roger/Karen and their car is one of the most beautiful lost love found car stories ever!
Frank's posting above is right on as Roger paid for a DH car (as his original purchaser documents prove) and proclaiming things exactly as they are does not need renewal blessings by the current DH operation or anyone else.
It's truly sad how the true facts don't sit well w/ everyone, especially noticeable with how the timing of this foolishness coincides w/ the recent publicity this car's been gaining.
Whatever happens from here on Roger, best of health and happy trails!
Thank you for sharing your and Karen's story also happiness throughout the whole finding and restoring the car, all worth so much more than $ or any new pieces of paper!

[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img]
~ Pete

RogerD (10-22-2017)
Old 06-19-2012, 05:25 PM

I am sick after reading that crap on Team Chevelle. What has (recently) transpired in these two threads has just reminded me EXACTLY why I have tried my best to stay away from Internet forums. Simple answer, they are filled with f&amp;%$@&amp;g douche bags. Plain and simple.

Roger, I know you don't know me, and I have never personally seen your car, but what I have read in this thread from the beginning was one of the best, if not THE best stories I have ever read on this site. Period. I would just continue to show your car and enjoy it with out any thought to those rotten no good &quot;people.&quot; Who gives a rat's a$$ what they think. As far as what they think about &quot;trademark infringement&quot; or whatever, F&amp;%K EM. They ain't got nothin. Any judge would laugh after seeing the evidence and hearing your story I'm sure. Just enjoy the car and if you feel like taking a screw driver and jamming it under the DH emblem and tossing it in the trash I bet many wouldn't hold it against you. You got an amazing car and they have a legacy that they have personally destroyed. I swear to god, I wouldn't take one of those cars if someone gave it to me. I know there are many others here that share those same thoughts.
RogerD (10-22-2017)
Old 06-19-2012, 05:45 PM

Ouch!!!!!!!!SHOW ME SHOW ME SHOW ME one document that says MY boss did ONE THING
to that ORANGE Chevelle!!!!!!!! Elaine TOLD THE TRUTH
Glenn FORMER EMPLOWEE OF DHPC Powell
Old 06-19-2012, 06:13 PM

Glenn, Unless the DHPC document is proven to be fake, Roger has such a document showing a connection to the DHPC.

What was or was not done, who can say for sure, as I would imagine 100s of cars passed through that shop.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:35 PM

Tom, SHOW ME..SHOW MW..SHOW ME.. SHOW ME one document that says anything was done at DHPC TO THIS ORANGE BILL ALLEN Chevelle. I will not FIGHT/ARGUE about it on this forum. I will probley see you in the near future.
Glenn
Old 06-19-2012, 08:03 PM

"SHOW ME, SHOW ME, SHOW ME"

Please note, my car was not a Harrell "conversion" or "transplant" car . . .
It was (and still is) a COPO with mods via Dick Harrell's shop . . .
About $300.00 less DHPC options than Rod Bushnell's (Randy Krnac's) 1969 COPO Dick Harrell Camaro

I have no reason to believe that Bill Allen would participate in a scam to market a fake Harrell car . . .
Bottom line, my only proof is the Dick Harrell MSRP and the belief that Dick Harrell was a man with integrity . . .
Attached Images

Last edited by RogerD; 11-11-2020 at 01:46 PM.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:41 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">From August 1, 2011, here's a portion of an email from Valerie - I was one of three other recipients.
Valerie was discussing who of the four parties would lose credibility including her own. <span style="font-weight: bold">Valerie suggested using a family friend to examine my documents. I contacted that family friend and followed his directions to the letter, offering to have my docs examined by a forensic document if Valerie agreed to accept their findings </span> - my offer was ignored . . .

</div></div>

What the fun......I think I'm in the gosh darn Twilight Zone here.

Roger, what the hell are you doing? Examine your documents????? &quot;IF Valerie agreed to <span style="font-weight: bold">accept </span> their findings?&quot; Are you friggin kidding me? SCREW what Valerie thinks or says along with that other screwball you were going back and forth with. I'd be damned if I bought a BRAND NEW car back in 1969 that was sold to me as a Dick Harrell car with supporting documentation (the window sticker), at a well known dealer (Bill Allen Chevrolet) that sold those cars brand new, and they wanted me to get my paperwork examined by a &quot;forensic document expert.&quot; I mean, is this supposed to be an effing joke?

Roger, you seem like a nice guy and all. You're from the sticks of Missouri right? Well, I'm from Chicago. When you grow up in the big city you learn to smell out bull $hit and spot con artists from a mile away. Something ain't right here. Buddy, you got caught up in a goofy situation with these people. Just laugh it off and walk away, and DON'T look back.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:49 PM

Yep - from the sticks . . .
GOOD advice, THANKS!!!