Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 09-13-2017, 01:34 PM

Mother nature kills people too, shall we ban that as well?
Old 09-13-2017, 04:19 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Talking 500 passes ?

Ken, just curious what source you read that said it took 500 passes on a prepped track?
I have looked and all I can find is that the rear end took 500 launches before letting go and the test mule engine was good for at least 1100 ?

You surely can't be the same Ken that I know who took his brand new Buick GN to the track and ran faster than the magazine test cars ??? LOL

Please tell me you haven't turned into "your average Joe "

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyL78 View Post
Wait a minute.Does any one really believe that NHRA has really banned the Demon?Half the clowns that are going to buy one these monsters will not have the skill to get one in the 9s.The well experienced test driver that got a 9.65 out of one of these cars made 500 passes on a well prepped track under almost perfect conditions to go that fast.Look at all the disappointed Hellcat drivers who went to the track and expected to run 10s.

Second of all when was the last time you heard of NHRA advertising on some rule they have and what cars they will not allow to compete?This is clearly a publicity stunt by Chrysler to advertise how fast this car is and how special it is to be the first production car to be banned by NHRA.Chrysler probably took a number of NHRA VIPs to dinner and maybe more then that to get NHRA to make such a statement.

As far as this car being released to the public.I'm the one of the biggest HP junkies you will ever meet.I would love to own one but the car is too fast and dangerous to let your average Joe drive one.I read an article were someone asked why the DRs on the front and back of the car.I thought they did it to comply with some safety rule about matching tires on a new car.This article said the reason was that if someone was going to the track a lot and wore out the rear DRs then all they had to do was switch the tires from front to back!Are you kidding!So some kid wears down the rears puts them on the front and wears those down and drives home with 4 worn out DRs and it starts to rain.Gee.I wonder what will happen!

Just my 2 cents.
Old 09-13-2017, 06:07 PM

It's not the car's fault, it's the idiots who wrap them around utility poles.
The Following User Says Thank You to 427TJ For This Useful Post:
Craig_Maiorana (09-13-2017)
Old 09-13-2017, 08:26 PM

Thanked 2,512 Times in 1,145 Posts

I blame the person who put that utility pole there in the first place.
Old 09-13-2017, 09:37 PM

Its like 1970 all over again. Lets keep in perspective that anyone with the resources can buy, bolt on and run a car to these same specs. Banning a car by a manufacturer that is following all current regulations seems a bit harsh to me.

People have choices, and choices have consequences.

I mean one can argue why even have cars that can go above 85 mph (which I believe is the fastest speed limit that I know of)? I mean, there's no need to go faster than that.

Heck, with every new car equipped with a GPS that knows the speed limit on every road, why not just set a cars computer so that it cannot drive faster than the allowed speed limit?

(sarcasm)

Rich
Yann (12-01-2017)
Old 09-14-2017, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Rifkin View Post
For all of you guys referring to people a "snowflakes"; I'm sure we've all seen wealthy dipshits at cruises who try and show off and lose control of the car. Many times these same idiots wind up running into a crowd of innocent bystanders.

Do I want the government to rule out all hi performance cars; hell no but do I think the manufacturers should market their "street" cars as race cars, no. The friggin' thing doesn't even have a passenger seat, comes with slicks and other features typically reserved for a full time race car.
As to the comparison to the Lambos and other exotics; do you see any of those manufacturers removing seats, providing race tires and touting the car as the baddest thing on the street?
Sure there are ubber wealthy folks who own those cars too and some of those people can't drive for shit but, those cars are portrayed as street racers.

If these opinions make me a snowflake so be it.
The snowflakes I refer to are the people in the media who are complaining about the car. I stand by what I say too. IF the Demon was made by a Euro manufacture or Japanese manufacture, it would not be in the position that these snowflake media folks are putting it in. Dumb people make dumb mistakes all the time. There will be 1000 times as many deaths in every day cars by people texting etc then all the deaths in all the super high performance put together, bu do you see these snowflakes banning those cars and drivers and phones?

1971 Torino 351c 4v GT convertible. White/white with black,4 speed, shaker, am/fm, ps/pdb, buckets/console, ac, flip headlights

1969 GTO Judge Warwick blue/blue, RAIII, 4 speed, tach/gauges, safe t track, flip headlights, 3.55's, ps and radio.

Last edited by flyingn; 09-14-2017 at 11:31 PM.
Old 09-14-2017, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenney View Post
Or a Tesla. And you can pile the fam into one 'o those rascals ...

Exactly. And not one banning from any snowflake types, huh? Nope

1971 Torino 351c 4v GT convertible. White/white with black,4 speed, shaker, am/fm, ps/pdb, buckets/console, ac, flip headlights

1969 GTO Judge Warwick blue/blue, RAIII, 4 speed, tach/gauges, safe t track, flip headlights, 3.55's, ps and radio.
Old 09-14-2017, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 429scj View Post
Dammit, when are they gonna ban cancer!!??

Old 09-14-2017, 12:41 PM

I'm just wondering if I should buy one and if they will go up in value or if they will keep making these things from a car guy point of view they are cool but my new copo will still beat it at te track. I can't drive my copo to cruise Nite though
69 L78 X22 convert survivor VE3 ,POP
70 HEMI CUDA ORIG PAINT 19K MILES
70 LS6 M22 4.10 4k Miles Black time capsule
Bill Hunter Yenko
Old 09-14-2017, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 429scj View Post
Can she afford a Demon?