Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Technical & Restoration

Old 12-17-2016, 02:48 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: Clutch recommendation

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: novadude</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: [email protected]</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Unless you are drag racing/hard thrashing and trying to spin a pair of slicks there is really no need for a blow proof unit. A quality manufacturer will work fine for the street and an occasional hard launch and high RPM's with street tires.
We ran L88 set-ups (diaphram) back in the 60's-70's purchased across the counter at Chevy driving to school and occasional racing on the weekends. </div></div>

I am occasionally drag racing/hard thrashing and trying to spin a pair of slicks (drag radials). [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/wink.gif[/img] That's what these cars were made for, right?

I just feel better knowing that I don't have a junk cast flywheel etc tucked inside my lightweight OEM aluminum Bellhousing. Remember - ALL the stock stuff you buy at parts stores these days is all coming from overseas, and I don't have the confidence that it is made to the same standards as GM-designed cast flywheels in American factories. Just because the stock stuff worked in the 60s doesn't mean that the OEM replacement shopped to the lowest Chinese bidder will perform the same.</div></div>

I don't think that black dual quad, E70 red line tired nova ever revved over 3 grand NovaBoy and that happened with a little dampness on the road surface. An aluminum cookie tray would work for your flywheel Buzz. YEAAA