Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 02-08-2018, 08:26 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

BEWARE I Purchased a bbc deep groove crank pully. The centering flange was ground off . He said return it and would refund me. I sent it USPS. The tracking showed he got it. He claimed he never did received it. He wouldn't refund my money. I was out the 325. Plus the pully.
Old 02-08-2018, 11:08 PM

I was hosed on a set of alluminum heads from somebody on this site, I was given his number from a good friend and figured I could trust him.

I sent a deposit via pay pal friends and family, first mistake! Then sent a bank check as well, second mistake, the third was to not disassemble them when I got them, found out they have been welded on ( a good job, but covered up with sandblasting afterwards.

The bottom line is you need real good pictures so you know what you are buying or have somebody from this site go and look at the part if possible.

Once I have all of the information about what is wrong, you can bet I will start my own thread.

It’s too bad that people that make a business out of this hobby continue to screw fellow hobbyists.

Paying with a credit card is the only answer for security, ebay and PayPal are the second choice.
Old 02-09-2018, 12:47 PM

Not going to list any details, but if you'd disclose ALL issues with your products Chuck, you'd have better success with customer satisfaction. When purchasing heads, it costs the buyer some serious money to ship the heads back on THEIR dime. Sorry, a minor detail.
Old 02-09-2018, 01:50 PM

Jer stay out of it you dont have a clue of whats going on and besides its none of your business. It speaks volumes when someone posts that they "got screwed" by someone , and THEN says "once i get the information" after .

No Fisher priced toys here

Last edited by the427king; 02-09-2018 at 02:03 PM.
Old 02-09-2018, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 302moz View Post
Has anyone ever dealt with a person called Pete Jennings in Virginia? He sells on ebay . Always has 12bolts for sale . Thanks
MY ADVICE....i just follow a generic set of ideas..

never go off site..its ebay, they offer protection, use them for it..ive had probs and ebay takes care of it every time...thats not hear say, like my "buddy had this"..its real...they side with the buyer way more than the seller..everyone knows it..

never do a wire transfer, ever..its done and theres no going back

paypal..if they wont take it..i move on..PERIOD, unless ive done business with them in the past..i judge how they act and react..if they arent crazy..i will deal the way they ask

i always offer to pay the fees on large purchases, if thats the hang up..its insurance...on $3500 its $140..pennies compared to $3500,..right?..would you pay $140 to get $3500 back? i would..Unless its a member here..or on a site i'm on everyday...no way will i go off site.

no offense, but you did everything you shouldnt...everything...but life is one big lesson..you wont do it again...and for what its worth..i am sorry it happened..$3500 aint chump change..
Old 02-09-2018, 11:20 PM

Chuck, I didn't comment on your issue with this customer so not sure why you're telling me to stay out of it. Stay out of what? My only comment was a little advice to you which was solely based on my personal dealings with you on two occasions. I gave said advice and you flat ignored it and got your neck hairs up.....that, my friend, speaks volumes about you. You don't operate like a typical ebay seller, and you don't allow feedback. Consider this a little of that and it's well deserved. I'm not here to bash anyone, but I certainly feel others on this site deserve a seller that is forthright and wants an honest transaction. Anything less should be open to criticism.