Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Technical & Restoration

Old 03-01-2018, 09:25 PM

The SPI Epoxy Black (above) is on my Norwood 73 R/S project. This car is not a 100% resto and I didnt want the OE Red Oxide. I'm just wanting to show others that the SPI Black Epoxy has a much glossier finish than other brands of Epoxy Black.
Honestly I did not do the application myself...Painter said he mixed it 1:1 with about 10% PPG DT895 to slow down dry time and allow it to gloss up a little, and lay down smoother with less orange peel.................

After reading and seeing pics (Hemmings Muscle CArs) about Nyle Wing and Scott Tieman using the PPG Delfleet Essential Polyurethane Single Stage.....I wanted this on the Firewall and other areas.... I always have liked how Mike Slaughter uses Single Stage GLASURIT on his underhood area Blacks and gets them so smooth (no Orange Peel) ........as you
dont/cant sand , polish those areas/parts !!!!!!!!!!!

I also had UPOL Raptor applied in rear wheel house and under the trunk extension area.......and on very bottom of rocker panel
that would be closest to the ground.........area below the 1970 style Rocker Panel Trim which I plan to use on this Camaro
70 Camaro R/S Z-28, L-78, R/S SS
69 Camaro COPO "recreation"

Last edited by CamarosRus; 03-01-2018 at 09:36 PM.