Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > In Memoriam

Old 06-26-2006, 05:04 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: Ok guys.. I have some super bad news.. Please

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand.........

If the identity and location of the theif is KNOWN and the location of the vehicles is KNOWN, why can't the LEO's wrap this up pretty quickly???

Can someone please enlighten me!

Thanks,

Russ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Russ... I'm right there with you. Unless the person who stole the van and dauly truck is a different person who stole the cars. But even so, lock up the guy who stole the van and truck and maybe, by fate of luck, this clown knows the location of the cars and maybe the person who stole them too.
Old 06-26-2006, 07:10 AM

Removing anything from the estate is a MAJOR "no no"...until the judge gives it the green light, everything is to *literally* be locked up, and under the supervision of the court/executor/public administrator...
Old 06-26-2006, 07:16 AM

I did not know Larry but from what all of you wrote about him a great person has passed away.

It would seem the thief's identity is known. I do not understand why (if all or some of the Titles have been recovered) there is any confusion on whom has the missing cars. It would seem blatantly obvious that the person who had possession of them and the keys to the building as well as Larry's truck and mini van is the culprit.

I hope especially for the sake of his wife that the situation resolves itself and she can get on with trying to come to grips with his passing and start to heal.

This does bring to light that some of these Super Cars have become exceedingly valuable and means should be taken by the way of secure garages with security systems to safeguard them.

Ironically if the thief in this case had the keys security really does not matter.

1974 Jeep CJ5 - 304 V8, Edelbrock Intake, Holley 650, MSD Ignition, Patriot Headers
Old 06-26-2006, 10:51 PM

It appears to me the police have the info needed, But have to work with the courts and further investigate to make a solid case. You do not want to rush things and have them slip through the fingers of the law. They also may be doing surveillance or working with federal authorites. Also, please get a NICB report on those vettes in honor to larry. We do really owe him that! Roger
Old 06-27-2006, 12:09 AM

Send a message via ICQ to 55chevy Send a message via AIM to 55chevy Send a message via Yahoo to 55chevy

[ QUOTE ]
Also, please get a NICB report on those vettes in honor to larry. We do really owe him that! Roger

[/ QUOTE ]

What all will a NICB report show?? Larry already knew and had proof both of his Vettes came from Baldwin Chevrolet. His '70 had the Baldwin/Motion documents in it when he bought it in 1974 and he got the tank sticker off his '69 showing it came from Baldwin. Larry's quest was for previous owners of his '69 to gather further info on it, pictures, anything else he could find before taking it to Joel to document as it actually being the Orange/Black car on the cover of 11/69 Cars magazine and Joel's prototype GT.

As for now we just all wait to see when and where his cars surface.. if ever.. Pray they do and in one piece. What happens to them after that will be up to the Courts. At least we know that authorities are in possession of the titles to them now...
Old 06-27-2006, 04:29 AM

I'm sorry. I didn't know Larry already knew both came from Baldwin. I thought that was information he was still searching for. As for the NCIB report, I had a cop friend in Chicago go in the basement and look up my '62 for me before they tightened up access. All it showed was the original selling dealer name, address and dealer number. If at any point in time a car is reported stolen, then the owner's name and information is entered along with that VIN info. That way if the car is recovered, the owner can be contacted and will receive his car back. It will be confiscated with no recourse from it's current owner.

Verne
Old 06-27-2006, 08:02 AM

Larry c. Clain ....our prayers are with his wife and family

[image][/image]
Old 06-27-2006, 08:29 AM

Great pic of Pantera !!!
Old 06-27-2006, 09:52 AM

Send a message via ICQ to 55chevy Send a message via AIM to 55chevy Send a message via Yahoo to 55chevy

I miss that son of a bitch...
Old 06-27-2006, 10:53 AM

I did not know Pantera, my condolences to his family and friends thanks jp