Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > In Memoriam

Old 12-24-2006, 10:43 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,800 Times in 1,613 Posts
Default Re: Larry Clain B/Motion collector dies/cars STOLE

Ed,,,The only thing I know how to do is to tell you to be posative. Larry would want that. It is a tragedy that he has passed and a tragedy that his cars and belongings disappeared but also a tragedy that you are not living the way he would have wanted you to. I am going thru torture right now because my friend and partner in "Red Alert", Terry Carney is about as sick as a human can be and still be on earth. Cancer has hold of him and just doesnt want to let go. Terry needs posative attitudes around him at all times because its so easy to get down in a situation like that. I have actually found the whole experience to be much easier to understand and get through by being as posative as I possibly can. Hope this helps. Say a prayer for Terry as he desperatly needs it.......Bill S
Old 12-24-2006, 10:53 PM

Bill- I know Terry and am aware of what has been going on with him. I have felt really bad about it. I just heard an update today and understand that Terry is convinced that he will beat it. This attitude is the best to have during a situation like this. I am rooting for him.

Sorry to changes subjects.. Ed, I agree with Bill. Larry would probably sock you in the head if he was here now. If Larry is watching he wants you to be happy. Try your best and in the meantime hopefully the creeps involved with the theft will get there's. I'd say that is my Xmas wish this year... Merry Christmas Pal.
Old 12-26-2006, 05:16 AM

Send a message via ICQ to 55chevy Send a message via AIM to 55chevy Send a message via Yahoo to 55chevy

I don't mean to sound down or negative.. Just haven't been thinking about the car stuff much recently.. My kid and other things have been filling my time lately. But don't worry.. I'll be back. And thanks guys.. Hope you ALL had a great Christmas.

Old 12-26-2006, 07:56 AM

You to Ed and have a Happy New Year
Old 12-26-2006, 05:51 PM

Thanked 1,861 Times in 756 Posts

I'm heading to Chicago next week and I hope Terry is up for a visit. I know that he really wants to be in Florida for the big auction in one month. He still likes talking cars and that's a good sign.
Old 03-01-2007, 07:07 AM

Send a message via ICQ to 55chevy Send a message via AIM to 55chevy Send a message via Yahoo to 55chevy
Default Re: Larry Clain B/Motion collector dies/cars STOLEN

Hey guys... it's been almost a year since we lost Larry.. I just spoke to Perry (Larry's oldest friend) and he told me nothing has been recovered and it sounded like even the investigation is going slow or even been put on the back burner so to say.. I don't know what to do.. I was hoping the authorities and the people in charge of this would have made some kind of progress by now on the leads they had in the beginning.. That doesn't seem to be the case.. So what do I do at this point? How do I get the word out there farther on these stolen cars and is it to late to even do so? I was staying out of it to let the authorities handle everything but it doesn't seem like anybody is doing jack sh!t anymore.. Larry's estate has been settled.. Perry told me appointed crews where just taking things from his house and throwing them in a dumpster.. and everything Larry owned, that appears to be of any value by whoever the court appointed to judge that, is slated for auction. With the proceeds to go to the 2 leaching aged family members that crawled out of the woodwork 2 weeks after he died ... Some aunt and her 2 middle aged sons that tried to weasle in and take everything Larrys mother had when she passed away a couple years ago... people that Larry personally told me he disowned long ago.. and only 1/3rd to go to the love of his life that he never got the chance finish his plans with and marry. All I can say is this is a Fuking disgrace... But I feel like I'm caught between a rock and a hard place.. Would making this theft front page news just secure the destruction of these cars?? Would it secure their recovery? Would it do anything? I don't know what to do.. So I'm asking my friends for help..
Old 03-01-2007, 07:29 AM

Try sending the story to Kieth Martin at Sports Car Market magazine. He sure seems like a real car guy and if he does a story on it, it may be picked up by some other media. Worth a shot right?? I would think making this story more widely known could only help to bring the criminals to light. Someone who knows someone must have heard or overhead something about these very rare cars being stolen.

http://www.sportscarmarket.com/about/index.php

Maybe an article in Hemmings as well??

1974 Jeep CJ5 - 304 V8, Edelbrock Intake, Holley 650, MSD Ignition, Patriot Headers
Old 03-01-2007, 07:30 AM

Ed this is without a doubt being caught between a rock & a hard place.Front page news would probably be bad & might have these cars parted & destroyed.If the cars were recovered, who would probably retain ownership?I think the only way to get these cars back in one piece would be if somebody just so incredibly rich(that money just didn't matter & had a greater love for the hobby) offered a no questions asked reward for the safe return of these cars(which of course would take major news coverage) .But who should the cars go to? The person who would offer the reward money of these cars to be safely returned in whole should recieve these cars! I feel this is probably a possibility or just wait and possibly years from now something just falls into place.I wish i had the correct answer for you about how to get back your friends cars,Jeff
Old 03-01-2007, 07:34 AM

Good point about the chance of the cars being parted out. But is it better for the cars to be stuck away in a garage for many years because the person who stole them cannot move them or get the word out there on these cars in hopes of someone realizing what they are and that they are stolen??

I do not know the correct answer to this dilema..... I just hope they are found. If they are who do they belong to?? The relatives who crawled out of the woodowrk????

1974 Jeep CJ5 - 304 V8, Edelbrock Intake, Holley 650, MSD Ignition, Patriot Headers
Old 03-01-2007, 08:44 AM

What I do know is that the titles to both Baldwin/Motion Phase III GT Corvettes as well as several others were recovered and are in posession of the Tulsa authorities that are on this case. If the cars are ever recovered I'm sure they will remain "evidence" for awhile.. as to who owns them after that?? I guess that is up to the courts. I just know there is alot of my own blood, sweat and now tears tied up in both of those BM cars.. as well as a couple others he had me pushing around, getting dirty in and cussing at.... as Larry would well tell you if he were still here.. And I just want them found.
x Baldwin Motion (08-06-2023)