Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Technical & Restoration

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-29-2009, 08:34 PM

Default L78/L71/L72/LS6 143 "blueprint" camshaft

[Note: the old thread was getting bulky, so I tidied everything up in this one. RTC]

Any of you L78/L71/L72/LS6, big block Chevy guys have any interest in a '143' blueprint camshaft? Immediate or otherwise??

Due to Crane's recent bankruptcy, we're looking into the feasibility of a high quality '143' camshaft to fill the void...whether it be for restoration or high performance [Pure Stock, street/strip, etc], this cam should fit the bill. Do a quick search on this site about the performance of the GM/Crane 143 camshaft, and you'll see why it's absence leaves a lot of us scrambling for a replacement...all so called 143 "blueprint" camshafts are not created equal!

I know a couple of guys are in the middle of engine builds as I type this, so if anyone else is gonna be needing one shortly, *please* send me a private message ASAP. But, if there is any other future interest, please reply...PRICING & PAYMENT INFO BELOW!!!!

------------------------------------------------------

<u>Cam:</u>
$150 + $15 s&amp;h

Cam will be an Engine Power cam core, which is Made in the USA and supplies cores to all of the big companies, and then Bullet Cams will CNC grind it to exact specs, which not even the original GM/Crane piece can claim.

<u>Lifters: </u>
standard solid lifters, $70 + $3 s&amp;h
EDM solid lifters, $165 + $3 s&amp;H

Lifters are Johnson lifters, which have been around forever, and are also Made in the USA. Again, for EDM lifters, PM me for price

We hope to start shipping these in around 10 days, and will get them out to the priority guys first...again, if you need a cam/lifters ASAP, please drop me a PM and check the list @ the beginning of the thread as I'll make a notation beside your name.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For those of you comfortable with PayPal, you can use the button below, just *be sure* and make a note in the comments section of the transaction exactly what you're paying for [cam and/or lifters] along with your physical shipping address &amp; contact number:

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
<p align="center"> <input type="image" src="https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/x-click-but04.gif" border="0" name="I2" alt="Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!" align="absmiddle" width="62" height="31"><input type="hidden" name="business" value="[email protected]"><input type="hidden" name="item_name" value="sYc and Supercar Registry"><input type="hidden" name="item_number" value="Support for the club, bulletin board, and Supercar Reunion!"><input type="hidden" name="image_url" value="https://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/images/supercarlogo.gif"><input type="hidden" name="return" value="https://www.yenko.net/donation.htm"><input type="hidden" name="currency_code" value="USD"><input type="hidden" name="no_note" value="1"><input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_xclick">
</form>

For those of you who prefer snail mail, you can simply send it to the club, and I'll take it from there...but as above, include a note stating *exactly* what you're paying for [cam and/or lifters] along with your physical shipping address &amp; contact number.

sYc
POB 375
Alton, MO 65606

<u>CONFIRMED - as of 4/29/2009</u>

<font color="red">
*Ken Tibor - cam + solids
*Tom Parsons - cam + edms
*Dave McCutcheon - 2 cams + 1 solid + 1 edm
*Ed Lis - 1 cam + edm</font>
*Jeff Connor - 2 cams
*Greg Roberts - cam + edm
*Peter Simpson - cam + edm
*Dustin R Vine - 2 cams + 1 solid + 1 edm
*Nils Julin - 1 cam
*Jim Sullivan - 1 cam
*Greg Simmons - 1 cam
*Donnie Cornelis - 1 cam + solid
*Tom Howard - 1 cam
*Philip L Soucy - 1 cam + solid
*Joseph Guerra - 1 cam + solid
*Grady Burch - 1 cam + solid
*Tony Wonch - 1 cam + edm
*Tony Ragla - 2 cams + 2 edms
*Jim Weaver - 1 cam + solid
*Elon Block - 1 cam
*Warren Friedrich - 1 cam + solid
*Chris White - 6 cams + 2 edms
*Jim Lerum - 1 cam + edm
*John Spiegelberg - 1 cam + edm
*Van K Zannis III - 2 cam + 2 edms
*Scott Kiehne - 1 cam + edms
*Frederick Eichhorst - edm
Dave Chatroop
*Bob Jenkins - 1 cam + solids

<font color="red">(NOTE: priority shipments are in RED</font>, confirmed payments denoted by *)

<u>NEED CONFIRMATION:</u>
Bob Jenkins
Steve Antonucci
Mark Ogren
Zach Carter
Sam Besser
Chuck Sharin
Michael Pomeroy
Mark Lenhard
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...