Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 03-10-2022, 01:14 AM

My friend has a 70 Chevelle Baltimore build sheet, he found in his 70 LS-6, one vin# off his.
The build sheet is for a decked out loaded 70 SS396 Convertible with air. Went to a dealer in South Carolina. If anyone has anything like that, let me know, and I'll get more details.
LS-5 Registry
Old 03-10-2022, 02:14 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,555 Times in 1,174 Posts

I find it incredible that the owner of car 136370K164226 has taken it "under advisement".
He is ASKING to be sued for fraud. Some poor schmuck will buy the car, and EVENTUALLY do a Google search on it. This thread will pop up and he will know he was purposely mislead.

Unbelievable.
Old 03-10-2022, 03:55 AM

Thanked 4,502 Times in 2,140 Posts

'

Seller knows the truth hence their carefully chosen ad wording to lean on later if necessary.
Maybe now they'll add, Original Build Sheet known to exist - included w/ final sale paperwork?

Posting full Vins here has helped connect the dots countless times over the years including avoiding buyer's remorse for those who took time for due diligence 'before' purchase also reuniting cars w/ lost engines/trans/paperwork/past owners and histories.

Kudos to Rick also thanks Steve and others who make this place possible - long live the SYC!

~ Pete

dykstra (03-10-2022), L16pilot (03-10-2022), olredalert (03-11-2022), Xplantdad (03-10-2022)
Old 03-10-2022, 04:10 AM
Yenko Advertising Member

^ hear, hear on all points!
Old 03-10-2022, 12:55 PM

I live in MA, not far from this particular dealer, I believe much of what he sells is on consignment though NOT excusing what he is obviously involved with. There was a person that had bought a car from him on TC recently and posted pics asking for some guidance (which he should have done before buying it). In short, there was not a clean panel on the car, the motor was not what it was purported to be and it was not represented accurately. Interesting thread to read but there are many that just don't know the dynamics of this end of the car market and get enamored with shiny paint and some SS emblems. Sad fact but not surprising. Like all the other "tributes", this one will end up with someone and the story will continue.
Old 03-10-2022, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daleone3 View Post
I live in MA, not far from this particular dealer, I believe much of what he sells is on consignment though NOT excusing what he is obviously involved with. There was a person that had bought a car from him on TC recently and posted pics asking for some guidance (which he should have done before buying it). In short, there was not a clean panel on the car, the motor was not what it was purported to be and it was not represented accurately. Interesting thread to read but there are many that just don't know the dynamics of this end of the car market and get enamored with shiny paint and some SS emblems. Sad fact but not surprising. Like all the other "tributes", this one will end up with someone and the story will continue.
I thought that dealer name sounded familiar. I have been watching Steve Magnante's YouTube channel and he has featured several of their cars in this winter's programs. I often questioned the quality of the cars which he was presenting. They all "seemed" nice, but none appeared to be anything special.
'00 Camaro SS Convertible
'04 Harley FXST
'80 Chevy Blazer (My first new vehicle)
Old 03-11-2022, 01:53 PM

Just "Wow"... That the type of thing that gives some of the hobby a bad name.

Denial is the first sign of a problem.

I'd be thrilled if someone came up with a buildsheet for my 1967 Malibu.

Last edited by Supergas990; 03-11-2022 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Added thought