Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Parts/Memorabilia - For Sale

Please note

Old 02-13-2017, 10:54 PM

Default Re: 1100837 Alternator 8K24

they worked on the preview.
Old 02-13-2017, 11:37 PM

try again NorCam's pics.

Old 02-14-2017, 12:45 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

^ It is a fine balancing act in helping the good guys but preventing restampers hone their skills. I think a couple of the detailed posts above fall into the latter category.
Ran at Lions Dragstrip and Pomona Raceway, with paint by Bob Kovacs of Fresno.
Old 02-14-2017, 01:09 AM
Banned

Thanked 1,490 Times in 610 Posts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: the427king</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jason, If you have some that believe its real and some that say its not, why assume its not ?? </div></div>

Seriously..??..
Old 02-14-2017, 02:04 AM

Thanked 3,399 Times in 1,242 Posts

Seriously??? Give me a break.

The info with ground down alt cases has been well known and well documented for years with hundreds of pictures already posted on the web showing the issues with the forgeries and what they are doing to grind out old stamps. This is nothing new and does zip to assist anyone in creating one. What was offered by my earlier posts is discussed to help those to watch out for forgeries not assist them in the how to! What it may do is stop someone from buying one which has been ground down, and teaches you what not to buy! Knowing where to find the ridge helps people to see the obvious error if they can't ascertain whether the Alt is real or not. This does not help those who grind alt cases for the purpose of a restamp as there isn't any way to overcome that process since one cannot mill the case under the boss due to physical limitations of the actual process...so let me ask. How does that info being posted help the crook?

The other point (discussion about fonts) has also been beaten to death on this forum, CRG, Team Camaro, Chevelle, Nova as well as all the Vette forums for decades so please, enough talk about not posting stamps, fonts and the rest of it. Fact is, this topic is discussed time and time again where people seem to want the opinions of others as to whether their stamp is legit or &quot;is it fake&quot; and every time this pops up, there's always a barrage of pictures being posted as we do live in the digital age. There are hundreds of threads posted for anyone to read about the fonts being wrong, right or indifferent and none of this in my opinion is going to make it any easier or harder to create a forgery. If a guy really wants to attempt one, he can buy a real one, have it in his hand to perfect the process. How do you think Picasso's are made? They certainly aren't made or perfected from looking at pictures or reading forum discussions.

Truth of the matter its nearly impossible to recreate the fonts and process needed to forge a case and after decades of people trying, nobody has perfected the process and I doubt they will anytime soon. Teaching people what not to buy may help some not to pull the trigger on a suspect piece and it's obvious many people still need to learn what to look for. IMO nothing posted above is going to aid anyone in anything that's not already obvious and info that's well already VERY WELL documented.

These comments about &quot;lets not help the forgers&quot; in my opinion is a bit of a mute point. All this info is already plastered out there and has been for decades. On the other hand, what will help combat the problem IMO is teaching people what not to buy so they can identify the forged piece which then makes it harder for a guy who is trying to sell one.

That's my 2 bits on the matter, that's all.
Old 02-14-2017, 11:18 AM
Banned

Thanked 1,490 Times in 610 Posts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NorCam</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seriously??? Give me a break.

The info with ground down alt cases has been well known and well documented for years with hundreds of pictures already posted on the web showing the issues with the forgeries and what they are doing to grind out old stamps. This is nothing new and does zip to assist anyone in creating one. What was offered by my earlier posts is discussed to help those to watch out for forgeries not assist them in the how to! What it may do is stop someone from buying one which has been ground down, and teaches you what <span style="font-weight: bold">not</span> to buy! Knowing where to find the ridge helps people to see the obvious error if they can't ascertain whether the Alt is real or not. This does not help those who grind alt cases for the purpose of a restamp as there isn't any way to overcome that process since one cannot mill the case under the boss due to physical limitations of the actual process...so let me ask. How does that info being posted help the crook?

The other point (discussion about fonts) has also been <span style="font-weight: bold">beaten to death</span> on this forum, CRG, Team Camaro, Chevelle, Nova as well as <span style="font-style: italic">all the Vette forums </span>for decades so please, enough talk about not posting stamps, fonts and the rest of it. Fact is, this topic is discussed time and time again where people seem to want the opinions of others as to whether their stamp is legit or &quot;is it fake&quot; and every time this pops up, there's always a barrage of pictures being posted as we do live in the digital age. There are hundreds of threads posted for anyone to read about the fonts being wrong, right or indifferent and none of this in my opinion is going to make it any easier or harder to create a forgery. If a guy really wants to attempt one, he can buy a real one, have it in his hand to perfect the process. How do you think Picasso's are made? They certainly aren't made or perfected from looking at pictures or reading forum discussions.

Truth of the matter its nearly impossible to recreate the fonts and process needed to forge a case and after decades of people trying, nobody has perfected the process and I doubt they will anytime soon. Teaching people <span style="font-weight: bold">what not to buy</span> may help some not to pull the trigger on a suspect piece and it's obvious many people still need to learn what to look for. IMO nothing posted above is going to aid anyone in anything that's not already obvious and info that's well already VERY WELL documented.

These comments about &quot;lets not help the forgers&quot; in my opinion is a bit of a mute point. All this info is already plastered out there and has been for decades. On the other hand, what will help combat the problem IMO is teaching people what not to buy so they can identify the forged piece which then makes it harder for a guy who is trying to sell one.

That's my 2 bits on the matter, that's all. </div></div>

If all of what you said was SOOOO well documented then why are people still asking for help or buying restamp items.. Point is if you have questions about the stampings or if you have doubts about something PRIVATE MESSAGE people... You can be helpful and harmful with one swing of the key stroke.. Your comments are not needed and the simple fact is there are some &quot;fake&quot; stamps out there that have passed as legit and there are some people that are very talented at recreating trim tags, stampings etc.. If we as a collective group of hobbyist can keep that number to a minimum then the small timers wont get their accelerated education on what to do and not to do when replicating things. You getting butt hurt over someone asking to not post information is silly.. The more information for the masses is a double edged sword. So go ahead and post up your &quot;experiences&quot; and give more opportunities for crooks.. But be ready for others to ask for it to deleted or stopped.. Theres my 2 bits on the matter..

Old 02-14-2017, 02:21 PM

Thanked 3,399 Times in 1,242 Posts

Point remains

You are &quot;not&quot; hiding anything that's not already out there Darrell.