Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Day 2 stuff-modified cars

Old 12-13-2017, 10:12 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCam View Post
Darrell...

Solid flat tappet but Comp redesigned the ramp speeds with a modern lobe design and tightened the lash up to .016 on this Nostalgia grind. Makes like "no vaccum" either so it'll need a pump installed. Won't know until I've driven or dyno'd this one but it's supposed to wake up the lower end and mid range some and can run 7500 rpm on the top end of a 302.

I've also got this option for the top end if I decide to run some more gear in it. This intake will either be going onto the 302 in the green 69 car or it'll be going on the bigger solid roller motor in my blue 68.

You want a lot of compression and tight cam centerline 106ish and you love that crossram.
The Following User Says Thank You to outlawperformance For This Useful Post:
NorCam (12-14-2017)
Old 12-13-2017, 10:16 PM

Running one on my Nova
Attached Images

Old 12-24-2017, 01:03 AM

Thanked 3,399 Times in 1,242 Posts

Thanks again for the info and such from your Nova build.

Plans are always changing with me and likely due to having a few fresh engines here to choose from. As of now the plan will be to mount the Crossram on the solid roller 355 motor that was just broken in from my 68. It's sitting with 10.5 compression and runs a 254/262 duration solid roller at .582 lift. It'll make some decent power with the 200cc aluminum heads that are mounted up and will flow nicely with the Crossram intake. Here's the Crossram after Mike went through both the carbs and freshened them both over the last couple days. These are NOS 70/71 service date 585 CFM carbs and should work real well on this motor. It'll soon go into the 69 car with an M22 and the 4:10 gearing. More on this over the next couple months as I'll have to juggle a few things around first. The CE 302 will sit off to the side with the original heads, intake and carb mounted up.

Last edited by NorCam; 12-28-2017 at 10:00 PM.
Old 12-24-2017, 12:45 PM

Very, very cool indeed!
Old 12-25-2017, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DW31S View Post
Very, very cool indeed!
Thanks Dave. Merry Christmas to you and your family today.

My kids were asking me where my gifts were hiding this morning since my stash was rather small beneath the tree. I hadn't shown them the Crossram yet so I marched them out to the garage and said Ho-Ho-Ho. They both thought it was pretty cool...and immediately ran back to their semi automatic nerf guns.
Old 12-31-2017, 05:04 PM

After a few months to really think about things and maul over options for the cars interior, I have decided to semi restore an all original interior consisting of nice clean parts for the stock 711 interior. I scored a decent set of original seats with some cherry kick panels from a Scott in PA, while Jeff Boone then hooked me up with a beautifully restored deluxe wheel and a really nice survivor console w/ gauges. Ed Montini was kind enough to supply me with a really nice set of original door panels where I now have all the right pieces to do a complete survivor style interior with the cars factory option list being focused on.

My upholsterer friend Graham Cannon gets all the parts this week and will clean and re-dye the original door panels while repairing one tear in the side bolster of the original drivers bucket using some original factory material. The original covers will then be thoroughly cleaned and the seat frames restored with new springs and foams before the original covers go back onto the restored frames. The console needs nothing more than a simple cleaning along with the door pulls and the original kick panels. The original gauges from this car are super clean and I'll spend a little time detailing the dash carrier before it all goes back into the car with an NOS clock. The Lakewood roll bar will not be used at this time but I may consider adding it at a later date.

Here are the pieces before they are all cleaned, detailed and preserved for use in the Z. I have some nice original wind lace pieces coming for the door pillars and also scored a real nice set of correct April dated angled head rests which will be utilized with these original buckets. Should turn out real nice after everything is completely cleaned and detailed. A few pics before the parts are all tended to.

Nice set of original black door pulls

Nice set of seats which will be repaired, re-stuffed, thoroughly cleaned and detailed. Head rest on the seats are mismatched and are coming off

Original console and carrier about to be gently cleaned and detailed

Rebuilt heater controls and original carrier to be detailed

Rebuilt tilt steering column and minty deluxe steering wheel

Nice set of original black kick panels which will clean up nicely

Great set of original door panels which will be repaired, glued along the edges, cleaned, dyed and well detailed

When it's all complete in a couple weeks from now, these parts will be ready for use in the car and should give a real nice survivor feel to the inside. A new headliner was already installed and new loop carpet will go in with original jute padding. Hoping to nail a nice clean 2/3 year old survivor look to the interior with very few repro parts involved.

Last edited by NorCam; 06-28-2018 at 02:01 AM.
Old 12-31-2017, 05:07 PM

It’s going to be great inside and out!!

Ryan

1969 Beaumont 350 Auto White Sold
1969 Beaumont 307 Auto Green Sold
1969 Chevelle SS 396-L35 Auto Blue Sold
1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass 'S' Sports Coupe W31
Old 01-01-2018, 02:28 AM
Banned

Thanked 1,487 Times in 609 Posts

I'm gonna have to agree with Ryan. Things are really looking nice.
Old 01-03-2018, 01:38 PM

Original interior pieces are well worth the effort required to save/preserve them. Car looks great.
Old 01-03-2018, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillD View Post
Original interior pieces are well worth the effort required to save/preserve them. Car looks great.
Thank you Bill. I dropped off the seats & door panels at my upholsterer's place yesterday and we had a real good look at them while making a plan. Seats and door panels need a couple small repairs made and a real good cleaning. We're thinking that will be all that's needed and this will leave them semi restored with just the right original patina!

Shooting for a gently used look and doubt any recoloring will be required.
Jims69z28 (02-22-2018)