Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > In Memoriam

Old 07-20-2006, 11:49 AM

Default Re: Ok guys.. I have some super bad news.. Please help

It's Lynchin Time!!
Old 07-31-2006, 07:05 AM

just checked in here for the first time in a long time. Sorry to hear of the loss of Larry, may he RIP.

As for the theives, well enough has been said already. I hope the "wrongs" are "righted" soon. As fo info, is it possible to be able to use the satellite cameras to see if anything can be picked up? I read in Reader's Digest that they used the camera's to see if they could pick up anything "strange" in relation to the BTK killings.

Lon
Old 09-06-2006, 03:38 AM

Are there any updates to this terrible situation?

Certainly, the importance of what has happened has not been forgotten. I just came back from SCR9 and have we all forgotten the warm feeling we might have had if Larry's cars had been there again?

Verne
Old 09-07-2006, 07:06 PM

Send a message via ICQ to 55chevy Send a message via AIM to 55chevy Send a message via Yahoo to 55chevy

[ QUOTE ]
Are there any updates to this terrible situation?

Certainly, the importance of what has happened has not been forgotten. I just came back from SCR9 and have we all forgotten the warm feeling we might have had if Larry's cars had been there again?

Verne

[/ QUOTE ]

Verne.. I'm trying to find out if any progress is being made in finding Larry's cars.. Unfortunately since I was only Larry's friend and it's not my situation, I'm not exactly the first person to get any updates to what's going on. I'm just hoping like the rest of you that this all turns out good with the cars being safe and justice being served.. But you know how fast the wheels of justice can turn........ I just hope the cars surface..in one piece... I know the titles to them have been recovered.. I'll try and find out more and let everyone know.. Larry may be gone but he won't be forgotten. And I hope his Motion cars are recovered and made to live on in his memory the way he wanted them to be.. However and by whoever that may happen.
Old 09-09-2006, 07:02 AM

I wish a story like this would be on the world news, justice must be served!
Old 10-01-2006, 08:14 PM

Send a message via ICQ to 55chevy Send a message via AIM to 55chevy Send a message via Yahoo to 55chevy
Default Larry Clain B/Motion collector dies/cars STOLEN

I spoke with the investigator who is handling this case, Rick Eberle of the Tulsa Police Department.. Nothing that was stolen from Larry's shop has surfaced yet. I sure wish someone who knows something would read this and come forward. I don't know what to say anymore at this point.. It's just depressing and infuriating at the same time..

Moderators..is there a way to change the title of this thread from "Ok guys.. I have some super bad news.. Please help" to something like "Larry Clain Baldwin/Motion car collector dies/cars STOLEN" or something like that??? Maybe a new title on the main index page will get some new eyes looking at this thread and broaden the search effort.

And again if anyone has heard anything somehow please give Rick Eberle of the Auto Theft Division of the Tulsa Police Department a call or even cantact me if you want.
Rick Eberle's phone number is: 918-669-6560/FAX:918-669-6521

thanks everyone
Old 10-23-2006, 03:27 AM

Default Re: Larry Clain B/Motion collector dies/cars STOLEN

dear ed i am very sorry for the loss of your friend Larry. I just found out yesterday as I was browsing the boards (I'm new to this and get lost on these threads). I first talked to him over a year ago when another friend sent me a link to his quest for info on his cars. Prior to that I had no idea that the internet was used by car guys for so much info. So basically it was Larry that has connected me to this site and an incredible amount of people, info, entertainment and brotherhood. Though i was unable to help identify his car (I didnt start working in baldwin until 1973) we did share several communications and I found him facinating. I am also traumatized by the news of his cars being stolen, is there any news on this ( a current thread?)Does his wife need support? please keep me posted and know he will be truly missed. Chris
Old 12-24-2006, 06:30 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: Larry Clain B/Motion collector dies/cars STOLEN

Have there been any new developments regarding the search for these two stolen Motion Corvettes?
Old 12-24-2006, 08:29 PM

Default Re: Larry Clain B/Motion collector dies/cars STOLE

No new developments.. All the cars from his shop including the Baldwin/Motion GT Vettes and other parts are still out there somewhere STOLEN.. Larry's estate has been settled and as far as I know everything he had will be auctioned, don't know when. And his benificiaries will each get 1/3. Thats all I've heard. I've just been sickened by the whole thing and Larry's loss and what's happned to his cars has really left me in a place with little desire for this hobby right now.. He was a great motivator and friend when it came to these cars.. I have a room in my house where I have all my car stuff... magazines and books organized... model cars..etc. looks like a car library... and I ain't been in there in months... It's just not been a good year.
Old 12-24-2006, 08:45 PM

Default Re: Larry Clain B/Motion collector dies/cars STOLE

My guess is that they may show up in a country that is far away from the long arm of the law.

Stealing cars and shipping them overseas has become a big issue.