Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Dealer Specific Discussion > Baldwin-Motion Performance

Old 09-16-2003, 10:33 PM

Default Re: Richie Zul's Z-11????

O.K.,so it sems that sixtie has the real deal #VIII car.Well just to see if maybe there is still a link,was this car ever owned by a guy named Jesse from Newark,New Jersey?Is it a box tube car,or a backhalf with a tin floorpan?Did it look like it was box tube backhalfed and then later had a front clip with A arms added?I am really interested in what happened to this car.I have been racing 2nd gen Fbodies for almost 15 years,and this car was what inspired me to build a chassis that everybody siad didnt work.I still race a 1973 firebird,with an aluminum head bigblock in it and slaqpper bar suspention,that can be sumed up as a 1970 prostock combination with an automatic and a little nitrous.So keep us posted on the progess of old #VIII,and dont do anything with it that I wouldnt do!!!
Old 09-16-2003, 11:56 PM

BTW,if you are a 70's prostock buff,you might remember my buddy's car.He was the engine builder and tuner for a red white and blue 69 camaro that ran with the name "Born Free" on the side and the name "Neigborhood Garage on the rear 1/4,that is my friend's shop.He also raced his own 1967 bolero red Camaro in A/B/C MP with various engines including some of the prostock stuff and I believe he may have ran AHRA prostock a few times with it.I also know he fielded a MP ford Maverick with the guy who owned the 69 camaro,they ran it in the mid 70's with a smallblock boss motor in it.Believe it or not,he still has a lot of his old stuff including one of his prostock 427's complete with a set of heads and a tunnel ram that were ported by Air Flow research,back before they made their own heads,and a pair of centersquirters on it.He still owns his MP camaro and it still sports the paint it ran back in 1970,but now has an LS6 crate motor and automatic in it for better street cruising.Eventually he may put it back to C/MP specs with the old driveline in it.I was wondering if anybody remembers the cars of Spino and Marchetta{??? on that spelling}.Just a little more tivial to tickle the cobwebs.
Old 09-17-2003, 12:13 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Rich, I can't remember a small block 67 that Jenkins ran. (camaro) Maybe he did motors or tuned it for the owner, but under "Grumpy's Toy" your memory is better than mine. The 67 went to the Kimball brothers. I don't remember Jenkins running a small block car after the 67 nova till the Vega P/Stocker. Sam
Old 09-17-2003, 01:19 AM

I remember Patty Marchitto, We used to go down to the Pro Stock show just about every Sunday at Englishtown. Born Free was always a good runner, with really no sponsorship. The black guy Levi Holmes, Paul Blevins,Bob Ingles, Tony Feil, Pete LaFrantz, All those N.Y. guys. What a great time that was! 1970,71,72. Loved it! sam [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif[/img]
Old 11-06-2013, 07:23 PM

For over 30 years, the name Richie Zul has been synonymous with winning.
Zul Racing Engines are famous for their quality, craftsmanship and reliability.
Watch for the "Zul Racing Engines" logo on race boats.

http://www.zulracing.com/index.htm

A DIVISION OF
R. ZUL ENTERPRISES INC.
80 Kean Street, Building 1, West Babylon, NY 11704
Tel: (631) 491-7268 Fax: (631) 491-4739
Old 03-27-2017, 10:15 PM

According to the article written by Martyn Schorr in the Cars magazine Brown's Impala was an original 409 8v but in 65 a 339-inch 327 was installed along with a Z-11 front end.
Attached Images

Last edited by scuncio kid; 03-27-2017 at 10:21 PM.
Old 03-27-2017, 11:27 PM

Assassin
Attached Images

Old 04-02-2017, 12:04 AM

Thanked 4,224 Times in 1,975 Posts

'

~ Pete

Attached Images