Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Dealer Specific Discussion > COPO - United States

Old 09-02-2012, 01:25 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: Inherited 69 Copo Camaro

I think my 69 copo camaro was also going 11.27 back in 1970 in B stock class .Then it went into the 10s in the super pro class in 71 according to the owner back then.Thanks for the info Brent [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img] [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/[/img]
Old 09-02-2012, 02:49 AM

11.2 in B Production class...car is pretty much unchanged from the pics. [/quote]

I hope you leave the car unchanged. So many people, thinking they might increase the value with a new paint job or light resto, actually ruin the car.
Old 09-24-2012, 03:34 AM

Who was the selling dealer? Hubner (Huebner?) Chevrolet?

With the Atco sponsorship, I assume it was an automatice?

Nice. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-24-2012, 02:30 PM

Thanked 1,042 Times in 331 Posts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: runninbear</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paceme</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: runninbear</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Charley Lillard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Apparently that yellow car that Andy called a ZL1 is Runnin bears car. And apparently DesertRat was Bill Zazek who was banned from this site years ago. not sure I understand why Runnin was so shy about pics. Cool car. </div></div>
Thx Charley</div></div>

Congrats on inheriting a fabulous car. Sometimes our enthusiasm and passion can get the best of us. In the past we have had new members join and make up fantastic stories only to find out it was a hoax. I can assure you that Camaromb is as passionate as they come and will go out of his way to help anyone and share his knowledge. Welcome to the site and again congratulations, and please share your childhood memories and stories of the car with us. My childhood memories of my father as it relates to cars is that they were only means of traveling from point A to B and absolutely nothing more. In fact it used to annoy him that I spent some much time, money and energy on them. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img] </div></div>

Have good and bad memories .. Good, first time I got to drive it at 12 years old...Bad, we used to haul it around on a 1960s Uhaul flatbed..used to embarrass the crap out of me.... </div></div>

Runnningbear; again want to extend the invite to you to join us at MCACN IV, November 17-18. You will not only be able to put faces to many of the people who have chimed in here, but will also be able to share the memories with a whole lot of people who would absolutely LOVE to hear them and see this historical bit of real Muscle Car history.

If you need any additional information, feel free to e-mail me directly bashton426@gmail,com or call me any time; 586-549-5291.

Thanks;

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com
Old 12-05-2012, 03:26 AM

I just ran across this thread, (my ears must have been burning), so is there any update? The owners name was Bair, if you look at the quarter panel where it's painted &quot;Running Bair&quot;. As I recall, I met some guy at a cruise in, got to talking with him, he went home and came back with an old photo album and he let me photograph his old pictures. He was the guy with long black hair in the last photo, and he was the guy who told me that it was a ZL1. He was wrencher, not the owner.
I think runninbear emailed me a picture of this car, I'll have to dredge my old files to see if I still have it.
Andy

COPO 9561/9737 M40 X11D80
13.37 @ 105.50 on pump gas,drove it to NATL TRAILS and back [email protected] SCR22
Old 12-05-2012, 08:32 PM

sorry Andy..I dont know the guy on the left and my Dad is the one on the right. Not sure where he got his info, but its not a ZL1.
Old 02-28-2018, 02:09 PM

I've just read this thread today. I met a drag racer at Dragway 42 @10-15 yrs. ago racing a back-halfed Cortez Silver 69 Camaro with yellow and green stripes starting at the rocker behind the front wheels widening as they headed toward the rear of the car over the trunklid. This car was also called "Running Bear" above the stripes. I asked the racer if the car was an original 69 427 Camaro and he replied "yes, how did you know?". Until I saw your dad's car was Daytona Yellow, I thought that racer might have been your dad. By the way, my first experience with drag racing was at the 1972 AHRA Summernationals at Dragway 42 when I was 18.

Last edited by Flying Undertaker; 02-28-2018 at 02:13 PM. Reason: additional info