Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Dealer Specific Discussion > Yenko Chevrolet

Old 10-09-2008, 12:28 AM

Default YENKO STINGERS

Greetings! As some of you may or not have heard, I suffered another computer loss in June. I've just rebuilt my "Yenko Stinger Email List", so some of you may or may not have heard from me before. Before we go any further, if you believe you should not be on this list, please reply and I'll remove you immediately. I don't want to cause any ill feelings or problems with the few emails I send each year. Also your name and email address are "hidden" by me using the "BCC" address system in my posts, so no one will get your name or email address. If you know of anyone who owns/has owned or is knowledgeable and would be an asset to the list, please pass their email address on to me and I'll be happy to add them. Any questions or problems I have (or you!) can usually be solved by an answer to the few (about 10-12 per year) messages that I send out.

A little update on the book. For those who have no idea what I'm talking about, "Don Yenko & The Yenko Stinger" is a book I have been compiling for about 21 years. It will tell the story of the man and his car(s). No Camaros/Chevelles/Vegas/Novas/ etc., just the Stinger (Corvair). Because I didn't have a backup, I lost a lot of information. The worst part was emails that you may have sent me in the past, photos, email attachments of documents/photos or anything else that would be relevant to the book, and the Yenko Registry sheets. Thankfully my editor, James Rice, had copies of the first 4 chapters that he was editing, so a quick sending of emails cured that. I also had a hard copy of the other chapters and with the help of a computer OCR program, I'll be able to reconstruct those. Do I have backup now?? You betcha! A 4GB memory "stick" is updated weekly and an automatic backup from my ISP is done daily....

If you may be reading this from a list (Virtual Vairs, Fast Vairs, Yenko.net, or Stingergroup, etc) and you haven't heard from me before and can contribute- Welcome Aboard! I'm always looking for fresh, factual information to include in the book.

Right now, we're contemplating a move to North Carolina, but I assure you, I haven't given up on this project. I've completed about 1/2 of the updated "Yenko Data Sheets" that are a part of the Yenko Stinger Registry and usually get to do about 4-5 a day. As a reminder, I've been keeping the Yenko Stinger Registry officially for "CORSA" (the Corvair Society of America) for the last 15 or so years. A "short" registry with the YS tag #, current owner and state, and notes is available to anyone on my website. At the present time it is out of date, but we're working on it and should have an updated page soon. The "long" registry contains the above information plus the VIN and body number and original owner name/state and is for the private use of any owners. When the book is finally published, all the data sheets, photos, documentation I have will be distributed to the current owner of each car. It's the least I can do for them for their assistance through this project.

This is probably the longest email I've send to the list and I hope it will answer any questions anyone may have. If there's anything you're not sure about drop me a line or visit the website. A reminder, I'm hearing impaired and unfortunately can "lose things" over a long phone call, so please contact me by email or "snail mail". That way we're both assured that what I include in the registry is bonafide. As always, I am glad to answer any questions you may have about any of the Yenko Stingers that are out there. I've got boxes of information that I've collected over the years. Just drop me a line and I'll do what I can to help you.Thanks for reading this and I hope to hear from you all soon!!

http://www.yenkostinger.com

SEE "DON YENKO AND THE YENKO STINGER" ON FACEBOOK!!
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...