Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Parts/Memorabilia - For Sale

Please note

Old 11-21-2003, 08:30 PM

Default Re: Partzsurplus victim? What to do next.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif[/img]
I came over from the chevelle site,

GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A postal inpector is investigating this guy. I just got off the phone with him. His name is Lee Edwards and his phone number is 813-281-5209. His e-mail is [email protected] He wants to speak with anyone who has been scammed by this guy. Apparently that house in Florida was recently vacant (not proven yet) and now is occupied. The people that sent stuff out delivery confirmation and is showing as being returned are more than likely getting there money back. They had previous complaints, so started holding all the mail to that address with "Franks" name. PLEASE contact the inspector with any and all info some of you may have been doing on your own.

Rich
Old 11-22-2003, 08:10 PM

Default Re: Site with some good parts

OK, did a little more observations here...Camaros.net site has a posting of Awareness about this current issue. They have a link to Chevelles.com with a pretty thorough read alike this one here with a little more detail: http://chevelles.com/scam/index.shtml
Im seeing an Australian connection then a New York connection. Weird thought entered my head as Im aware of a few fellas here in Calif from Australia on a visa(perectly fine people!). Wonder if this fellow(frank cummings) is here visiting the US and using an alternate ID for this scam?; just a thought...Im just tryiing to place the need to have an Aussie email in this picture...Well, Im going to keep following this one! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif[/img]
Old 11-22-2003, 10:25 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Guys i was able to stop payment on my check to him early this week. He gave me an address
in Florida..here is his email:

""Make your check, money order, or cashier's check payable to "T. Phillips
> > or F. Cummings". Please make sure the "OR" is between the names so that
> > either of us will be able to process and ship your order in case one or
> > the other is out of town- as frequently happens!
> >
> > Send it to:
> > Frank Cummings
> > 3044 9th Avenue North
> > St. Petersburg FL 33713 ""

This address i have not seen listed on any of the sites........anyother lead!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

68 COPO Camaro 9737 non-converted YENKO
69 YENKO SC Camaro, Hugger Orange - born with engine!
Old 11-22-2003, 10:37 PM

You need to contact the USPS Mail GOV'T links above in these prior posts; this may help you. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2003, 07:14 PM

Send a message via ICQ to 55chevy Send a message via AIM to 55chevy Send a message via Yahoo to 55chevy

Awesome [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif[/img]

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=39405
Old 04-08-2004, 07:51 AM

Default Re: Site with some good parts/ update on PartPlus

This was posted on the Team Camaro site and thought I would let all here see it. <font color="red">partzsurplus burned me

posted 04-07-2004 08:13 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Great News!

I just received a letter today in the mail from the U.S. Department of Justice that D. Mark Pentrack better known to us all as Frank Cummings pleaded guilty on March 24, 2004 to Mail Fraud; Misuse of a Social Security Number; Destruction of Evidence; and Making False Statements to the Government.

His sentence date is June 14, 2004 at 2:00pm and the U.S. Attorney's office is looking for any victims who wish to make victim impact statements which will be heard in court on that date.

I would like to personally thank all of you guys who took part in our thread last year since much of our investigation work was used to nail this guy. Even those who were not taken by this guy contributed significantly. Some of you guys I owe a beer to. Remember to catch me at a show.

It is important that we all continue to put a stop to people like this as well as people selling fake and/or falsely stated muscle cars to unsuspecting hard working people.

Thanks again,
Hylton M. Jorssen </font>
Old 04-08-2004, 08:17 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,150 Posts

THANK GOD!
It's about Time.
Does Al have this posted on Team Chevelle Too?
What I believe Frank Cummings will be acting like in front of the Judge.
Old 04-08-2004, 08:44 AM

Yes its on both TC sites and a request to only post replies on TC with the Chevelle site. Just thought that some here got taken also so I posted it here
Old 04-08-2004, 08:40 PM

Jeff that is great news! Did you hear what happened to the woman from NC that was his partner in crime? Kevin
Old 05-07-2004, 09:36 PM

There were 4 other people involved in this crime. They are still to get their day in court. They were also scamming other hobbies and businesses. Our Frank Cummings had about 10 different aliases.

What happened with respect to our scam was this:

Alias Frank Cummings had put an ad in the local Virgina paper looking for someone who was interested in part time work doing mailings. He then hired an old lady (who was really a victim herself) to collect all the checks/mail and forward it to a South Carolina address.

He then started to reel everyone in by advertising on all the popular websites. He did a great job at setting up a website with the parts for sale and copied pictures from the web and published them as his own when people asked to see pictures of the product. People would then send the money to the little old lady in Virgina who would forward everything to an address in South Carolina.

There, an accomplice would cash all the checks. He was in Utah all that time running the scam from there. We were on him quickly enough and got the police enough evidence and leads which resulted in the arrest and guilty plea. It is expected that he will get at least 10 years.

This was proof that victims can do something about internet fraud.

Hylton Jorssen