Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale > Supercars/Musclecars-Sold listings

Please note

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2024, 03:29 PM
SCR Sponsor

Default 1969 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am

1969 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am

Selling with NO RESERVE at Barrett-Jackson, Palm Beach.

**THIS VEHICLE IS SELLING WITH NO RESERVE AT THE UPCOMING BARRETT JACKSON AUCTION BEING HELD IN WEST PALM FLORIDA APRIL 18-20. IT'S PART OF THE FIVE VEHICLE COLLECTION BEING OFFERED BY MS CLASSIC CARS. IT'S SELLING ON SATURDAY APRIL 20TH. THE LOT NUMBER IS #768.1. IF YOU'RE INTERESTED IN PURCHASING PLEASE REGISTER DIRECTLY WITH BARRETT JACKSON. IT'S A QUICK AND SIMPLE PROCESS. YOU CAN BID IN PERSON, ONLINE OR OVER THE PHONE. PLEASE CALL WITH ANY QUESTIONS. THANK YOU**

Barrett Jackson Description

This highly coveted 1969 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am is a great example of an original matching numbers and limited production American Muscle Car. It was evaluated and verified by Pontiac expert Jim Mattison in March of 2024 which is documented with a letter that's included. Jim Mattison is the owner of PHS Automotive Services located in Shelby Twp, MI. The Pontiac Historical Services (PHS) paperwork is also included. This is one of 697 Trans Am models built in 1969 and one of only 43 with black interior. It was built at the General Motors Norwood Ohio Assembly Plant on June 23rd, 1969. It was ordered with a Cameo White (code 50-50) exterior and standard black bucket seat (code 208) interior. The optional equipment included the Trans Am Package, Pushbutton AM Radio, Console and 4-speed manual transmission. The Trans Am Package includes specific Ram Air hood and air inlet, front fender scoops, specific Trans Am rear spoiler, full length stripes on the hood, roof and deck lid, Trans Am decals, F70x14 whitewall or white letter tires, sport steering wheel, 400 HO Ram Air III V8 engine, dual exhaust, Safe-T-Track rear axle with 3.55 gears, variable ratio power steering, ride and handling package, HD stabilizer bar and power front disc brakes. It was sold new at MC Namara Buick-Pontiac located in Port Jefferson, NY. From the information gathered it spent its entire life in New York until 2024. The last owner purchased the car in 2013 from an estate. At the time of the acquisition, the car was in very good original condition with only 58,673 original miles. It was the product of a complete and correct restoration in 2016 that was finished in 2020. Since completion it has been driven 100 test miles which is indicated on the new odometer. The body was placed on a rotisserie and media blasted. It retains all of its sheet metal with exception of the reproduction hood, two GM NOS front fenders, GM NOS right rear quarter, reproduction left rear quarter and GM NOS tail panel. The body is extremely straight with excellent panel fitment. The original doors open and close very nicely. It was refinished in its colors of Cameo white with blue stripes and tail panel. The paint work is show quality throughout and was recently detailed to a brilliant shine. All of the glass was replaced new and is crystal clear. Everything on the exterior was restored or replaced. It's equipped with T-3 headlights and its original spoiler. The car sits on the original “JK” stamped 14x7 wheels that are wrapped with new Goodyear Polyglas F70-14 white letter tires. The interior was refinished in its original color of black which is very rare to find based on production numbers. Everything in the interior was restored or replaced. It sports an authentic black Formula steering wheel, simulated wood console, Hurst shifter with wood knob and rubber mats with Pontiac logo. The trunk compartment was beautifully restored with the correct stickers, splatter paint, original space saver spare, GM tire inflator, jack tools and trunk mat. The engine compartment is highly detailed throughout. The car is powered by the original matching number “L74” 400 HO Ram Air III V8 that was factory rated with 335 horsepower. The engine was completely rebuilt to factory specifications and runs excellent. The engine is coupled to the original matching numbers “M20” 4-speed wide ratio transmission. The transmission was also completely rebuilt to factory specifications and shifts smoothly. The power is transferred to the original 10-bolt Safe-T-Track rear axle with 3.55 gears. The undercarriage is also highly detailed throughout. The original floors are in beautiful condition and were repainted in the correct fashion. The steering system, suspension components and power braking system was rebuilt to factory specifications. This car has been completely serviced and detailed which is documented with an invoice that's included. This is the first time it's been marketed for sale. From the MS CLASSIC CARS Collection.
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to msclassiccars For This Useful Post:
L78_Nova (04-12-2024), Tenney (04-13-2024)
Attachments - The Supercar Registry trans am - 1969 car side 2.jpg 9.jpg 8.jpg 7.jpg
O Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 04-12-2024, 04:28 PM
Administrator

Thanked 6,190 Times in 1,342 Posts

These 69 TA's are awesome cars. I will be at this auction and look forward to seeing this car and meeting you as well Marc.

Vintage Certification™ , Providing Recognition to Unrestored Muscle Cars. Website:
www.vintagecertification.com
The Following User Says Thank You to Steve Shauger For This Useful Post:
Pro Stock John (04-12-2024)
Old 04-12-2024, 05:38 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 1,130 Times in 331 Posts

They are awesome cars! I have the same one - only with blue interior.
Attached Images

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bergy For This Useful Post:
69M22Z (04-12-2024), L78M22Rag (04-21-2024), olredalert (04-12-2024), RPOLS3 (04-12-2024)
Old 04-12-2024, 06:12 PM
Administrator

Thanked 6,190 Times in 1,342 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergy View Post
I certainly would love to own another. Here's my car which is identical to yours. Mine had the step gauges which are awesome...

Link https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=83613

Vintage Certification™ , Providing Recognition to Unrestored Muscle Cars. Website:
www.vintagecertification.com
The Following User Says Thank You to Steve Shauger For This Useful Post:
RPOLS3 (04-12-2024)
Old 04-12-2024, 07:26 PM
SCR Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergy View Post

Sweet ride!

Old 04-12-2024, 07:26 PM
SCR Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Shauger View Post
These 69 TA's are awesome cars. I will be this auction and look forward to seeing this car and meeting you as well Marc.
Thanks Steve! See you there.

Old 04-12-2024, 07:48 PM

Not to de-rail this thread but how many cars does "Bergy" have?
Every week it seems he mentions another one he has.
I'm in awe!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 69PostSSChevelle For This Useful Post:
Crush (04-12-2024), L78M22Rag (04-21-2024)
Old 04-13-2024, 12:12 AM

Thanked 1,130 Times in 331 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69PostSSChevelle View Post
I'm in awe!!
I’m an amateur compared to a lot of members here. I’m down to 9 cars :-)

Like many of you, I’ve been blessed to have some neat ones over the years.

Last edited by bergy; 04-13-2024 at 12:14 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to bergy For This Useful Post:
L78M22Rag (04-21-2024)
Old 04-13-2024, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69PostSSChevelle View Post
I'm in awe!!

That’s what I was thinking.. I’ve known “Bergy” for years and I thought I knew about all his cars. Then merely a “I have a 69 T/A too” pops up !

GLWS on this one.. Besutiful car !

Last edited by iluv69s; 04-13-2024 at 07:55 PM.
Old 04-18-2024, 06:39 PM

Beautiful car!!
Why did Pontiac run that loop for the PS fluid up and around the radiator core support?
I don't think I've seen that on any other GM model- cooling effect?

I've always loved these cars, there was one parked in the carport in a condo project where I would mow the lawns back in 1980 (I was a very hard working 14 year old!)
I wrote a note if they wanted to sell and left it on windshield but never got a response. I had no idea back then how rare they were!
Cheers & Best wishes on your auction results!
Closed Thread

Tags
firebird, pontiac, trans am