Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Lounge

Old 01-17-2018, 12:44 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Well... I don't think it will happen very soon,...but it will eventually. In my line of work (commercial flying), I'm now flying with millennials who are more than happy to completely trust automation, even though it isn't without error. Unfortunately, this is where it is all going. I won't give up driving my "old" cars.. smelling the exhaust and aging vinyl interiors. We grew up on this stuff and it won't go away soon. I'm sure that a few decades from now, these oldies will be a "thing of the past", but I'm going to enjoy these cars for the great memories, freedom and hope they provided in the past. Sadly, few of the kids from the latest generations will experience what we did with the automotive scene. Enjoy them for what they are. The forthcoming generations didn't know these buggies the way we do and will never appreciate them the way that we will.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Woj For This Useful Post:
JKZ27 (01-17-2018), Tommy (01-20-2018)
Old 01-17-2018, 02:30 AM

Funny you should mention your newer pilots, as you and I have talked before, real (GOOD) stick and rudder pilots will soon be a thing of the past. Sad, but they don't get it.
Old 01-17-2018, 02:37 AM

"Millennials" don't even get me started...... I deal with my share at work... They know everything...

Rich
Old 01-17-2018, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woj View Post
Well... I don't think it will happen very soon,...but it will eventually. In my line of work (commercial flying), I'm now flying with millennials who are more than happy to completely trust automation, even though it isn't without error. Unfortunately, this is where it is all going. I won't give up driving my "old" cars.. smelling the exhaust and aging vinyl interiors. We grew up on this stuff and it won't go away soon. I'm sure that a few decades from now, these oldies will be a "thing of the past", but I'm going to enjoy these cars for the great memories, freedom and hope they provided in the past. Sadly, few of the kids from the latest generations will experience what we did with the automotive scene. Enjoy them for what they are. The forthcoming generations didn't know these buggies the way we do and will never appreciate them the way that we will.
I couldn't of said it better. Half the kids around here, don't even want to get a drivers license.