Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Day 2 stuff-modified cars

Old 07-26-2017, 01:33 PM

Thanked 3,399 Times in 1,242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1971 View Post
My Day 2 Cents!

Love that car Mike. Now lets see that 67 Chevelle you found.
Old 07-31-2017, 12:53 PM

Was cruising yesterday notice this Falcon for sale, only reason I stopped was I noticed the Lakewood 3 point...Was surprised to see one....thought about asking the seller if he would just sell the Lakewood, nice garage art!
Attached Images

Old 08-01-2017, 04:56 AM

Facebook find.

The "Grump lump", one of the coolest-looking hood scoops ever.

Old 08-01-2017, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetop View Post
Pat, I think your car would look awesome with real chrome reverse wheels. You can buy them again very reasonable. Don't get the chintzy multi bolt pattern but the real ones-they are reproduced again .. Get em reversed too and don't run hubcaps. You have lots of blue paint on your car..needs to be broken up with some chrome an the chrome reverse will be dead on for the 67-69 period. <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pat_Dilling</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My Day 2 style L72 '68 Biscayne tribute is getting close to the &quot;done for now&quot; point. It was a running driving somewhat finished car when I got. I am working to make it a close memory to my original L72 car that is mentioned earlier in this thread. Some of the things I have done is replace non-period correct things like braided fuel line, split loom over the wiring, aftermarket steering wheel, fuel cell and other things. I also painted the black Rallye wheels body color and put narrower wheels and tires on the front. Most recent change was replacing cut down rear springs and air shocks with Moog stock replacement springs and KYB heavy duty shocks. Last thing in this stage will be installing a radiator/fan shroud. She is just about ready for Hot August Nights in Reno. Here are some pictures of the way she sits now. I am open and appreciative of suggestions to hit the vintage Day 2 mark. You can see more of the things I have been doing, including some videos, at the Biscayne My Way link in my signature.

</div></div>
I remember seeing a car just like this, 4-speed, bench seat, color combo and all, the exact same car (except for the shifter knob, which was the white Hurst round knob) when I was a kid circa 1970-71. We lived a few houses away from an Oldsmobile dealership (Benedetti Oldsmobile in New Brunswick, NJ) and one of the mechanics that worked there had a Chevy just like this one-except for the wheels. He had American Racing Torq-Thrust wheels all around and it looked (and sounded) really bad-ass with them on it. And so would yours.

Last edited by Peter426; 08-01-2017 at 05:42 AM.
Old 08-01-2017, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DW31S View Post
Where is that Camaro today? Good one Kurt! I'm doing some research on my '69 Camaro ex-racer and am finding it did some battle with Hemi cars when it was configured in B/S and SS/D. I must tell you, I'm beginning to get intrigued with some of those elephant engines......don't worry, I'm not jumping ship!!!
I've been intrigued since 1970.
Old 08-01-2017, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verne_Frantz View Post
Sometimes you didn't have to replace emblems with others. Just remove the one with the evil numbers below the crossed flags. Just a 327 car...... [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/naughty.gif[/img]

Verne

Recognize those slicks and Cragars Grady???
Hey Verne, I saw you car once, way back when, in the very early-1970s (1971?) getting ready to pull out of one of the side streets near the old Sunoco gas station in Milltown, NJ one July 4th evening as we were headed down Main St. (my dad always took me and my siblings to watch the annual fireworks display in the center of town each year). If it wasn't your car then it was its twin.
Old 08-01-2017, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day2_69Z View Post
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mockingbird812</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you're missing the point Marlin - it's a cool story!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/laugh.gif[/img] [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/crazy.gif[/img]</div></div>

True story...... on my mothers name.
She was there !
In the passenger seat of Dad's Corvette.
The cops raced in , blocked cars in that were waiting to run.....people scattered, cars peeled out in all directions.
Dad ran back to his Vette
(I think it was his turn to flag/flashlight the previous run off)
Started it up, open headers, slicks...etc...and launched it like a missile (as he &amp; mom relayed it to us many different times......and the story never varied)
Shots were Fired as he spread off........they didn't even try to chase it......
When home ,hiding the car and cooling off......he looked it over ,to his amazement there were NO Bullet holes in the rear of the car, him or my mom....

A few years ago I took Dad to the P.I.D. Reunion in Bridgeville.....he sat next to the Original Christmas tree where albums &amp; albums , news prints, trophy's were on display for All to look at and read .....
A few &quot;old guys&quot; came up to him and asked , are you the 'Joe' with the Vette. ...Harrison City Missiles.....and the Bust ?
Dad grinning ear to ear....said .. why ?
Those guys said . We were there !
Dad. .... 'were you the cops who.. ....
Response . No ! I'm the guy that stalled his car in front of the Cop cars. !!!!!

I never saw a bunch of Old Guys go from Red to White back to Red in 5 seconds before.... tears, laughs, cheers, oohs and ahhhs. And handshakes, hugs all around as by then a nice crowd had gathered......

Mom passed 19 years ago. ...Dad is at every racetrack event he can be at. ..each week end.
I heard the SAME STORY from these 3 as Mom &amp; Dad. told it over the Years....

Tom
markinnaples (08-01-2017)
Old 08-02-2017, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1971 View Post
My Day 2 Cents!
Wow beautiful car, what are the wheel and tire specs?
Old 08-05-2017, 06:24 PM

new look
Attached Images