Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Lounge

Old 08-22-2016, 01:12 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: Enclosed car haulers?

Best looking trailer ever Verne. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/drool.gif[/img]
Old 08-22-2016, 02:13 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Crush</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is a beaut!! What size is it Verne? And are you happy with that size ? Did you look at any other brands? </div></div>

I'm sorry. I should have mentioned the size. 8.5x24 with an extended tongue. I planned on getting that anyway, but the salesman reminded me that should I ever want to sell it, that option would increase potential buyers by 50% because that's what is required for mobile homes to pull it. It's just the right size for a full size Chevy with room for the cabinets. You can get away with a shorter one if you have smaller cars. I opted for a 7ft interior height because I'm 5'18&quot;. Yes, I looked at many brands, even more expensive ones that have a huge reputation. I found all of them did not meet the quality or features of inTech. They threw in a piece of that black coin rubber floor covering for the top of the bench and it's in the tool box drawers too.
And NO, I don't get any kick-backs.

Verne [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]
They provide a customer portal and upload photos of the construction each day. This one is after the FIRST day.

I bought this ramp in case of flats and mailed it to them to install on the wall. I just figured they'd screw the bracket on but they finished it off with framed carpet so it wouldn't smudge the wall. They did that on their own, no charge.

Old 08-22-2016, 02:44 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: olredalert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">----What kind of money, Verne? Say a 26ft optioned like I see yours.

----I havent forgotten the pics, Verne. Sometime this week for sure......Bill S </div></div>

Bill, The options definitely add up. I'd guess a 26fter might hit $23K. You could save some money if you're willing to install the battery/charger pack, winch, interior lighting and electric tongue jack yourself but I wanted a turn key set up. The 4&quot; floor risers were expensive but I needed them so I could open the car door all the way through the side door. Some people would be fine with a few 2x12s to drive on. Or you could just tell them to build it with a raised floor to accomplish the same ending. I'd have a 10ft tall trailer if I did that.
The side door and upper cabinets all are top hinged with gas shocks. I don't have to worry about slicing my head open from the corner of a door.

Verne

PS: Take your time with the photos. I'm sure you have more important things to do.
Old 08-22-2016, 02:19 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Crush</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Would like your opinions on which are best? Pros/cons etc..
Thx </div></div>

That inTech is absolutely beautiful. If you are looking for something a little more budget friendly, here is mine. It's a Haulmark Auto Transport. 24' x 8.5' x 6'. I'd love to have the aluminum for weight savings, but that really pushes you into another realm price wise. Options: Spare tire in the floor. Extra wide get out door, entry door and ramp door. The get out door needs be lower. Some trailers have the whole side open including the wheel well. Very nice feature.
I don’t have too much storage because weight adds up quickly. I’m towing with an Expedition, so it matters.

Add ons that have helped me a lot. #1 is a must.
1. Anti-sway weight distributing hitch.
2. Tekonsha P3 brake controller.

3. MaxxAir II over the factory air vent on the roof.

4. Modified car alarm system.

5. The same wheel chock Verne has attached to his wall. I used it once to change a tire and they work fantastic. The mount he has is perfect.

6. E-Track on the walls.
7. Four extra floor d-rings
8. Remote operated winch.

69 Camaro SS396 L34 X66
Old 08-22-2016, 02:52 PM

Thanked 1,382 Times in 671 Posts

Dave, How is it towing with the Expedition? We have a 2008 2WD Navigator that I was thinking about using to tow my '68 Camaro on an open trailer but I wasn't sure how the Navigator would perform towing the Camaro.
John 10:30
Old 08-22-2016, 02:55 PM

Nice trailers! I never knew the Trailer Aid ramp existing or you could do something like that until now.
Im going to have to get one of those. Thanks for the info. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/youguysrock.gif[/img]
1984 Camaro z/28 zz4 conversion
1987 Monte Carlo SS original owner
Old 08-22-2016, 02:57 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: markinnaples</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dave, How is it towing with the Expedition? We have a 2008 2WD Navigator that I was thinking about using to tow my '68 Camaro on an open trailer but I wasn't sure how the Navigator would perform towing the Camaro. </div></div>
You'll be perfectly fine. Especially with an open trailer. I've towed it back and forth from Mass to Mich four or five times. The only rough spot is through the Berkshires in Western Mass. I tow with &quot;XL&quot; Cooper Tires. The XL is for Extra Load. They are a happy medium between truck and car tires. I do that to help with any trailer sway. In most places, as long as it's set up properly, you don't even know it's back there.

69 Camaro SS396 L34 X66
Old 08-22-2016, 03:02 PM

Thanked 1,382 Times in 671 Posts

Thanks Dave. I am going to try to tow it up from FL to KY on 75 which isn't too bad, but I think I'll change my route from Eastern KY to Pittsburgh from going through WV and go straight up 62 through OH and take 70 east to Pgh. The winding roads through the mountains of WV just make me nervous towing through there, and since OH is mostly flat that should make for a better ride.

And thanks for your service. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/flag.gif[/img]
John 10:30
Old 08-22-2016, 03:06 PM

Dave
Did you order your trailer or buy from inventory? What dealer and would you recommend?
Old 08-22-2016, 03:10 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: markinnaples</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks Dave. I am going to try to tow it up from FL to KY on 75 which isn't too bad, but I think I'll change my route from Eastern KY to Pittsburgh from going through WV and go straight up 62 through OH and take 70 east to Pgh. The winding roads through the mountains of WV just make me nervous towing through there, and since OH is mostly flat that should make for a better ride.

And thanks for your service. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/flag.gif[/img] </div></div>
The mountains in KY and WV are pretty rough for towing without a diesel depending on weight. Camaro on an open you should be fine though. You might want to get a trans temp gauge also. They have different options. The one I have plugs into my OBDII port and gives me a bunch of other info.
Are you going that way for the scenery? I always just shoot up 95 when I go back and forth from Mass to FL.

69 Camaro SS396 L34 X66