Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Parts/Memorabilia - For Sale

Please note

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-09-2012, 01:11 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Ansen Ground Grabber Traction Bars - Chevelles GTO

Here is a very rare set of Ansen Ground Grabber Traction Bars for 1964-'72 GM A-Bodies such as Chevelles, GTO's, Cutlass, and Skylarks. These were released right around 1970 and were only produced for a short time before being discontinued which is really a shame because when you examine a set, it's obvious that Ansen put some serious thought and development into this particular design . They actually take the place of the lower control arm which changes the instant center to make the car rise in the rear while planting the tire into gound when launched. The neat about them though is the two fine-threaded stop bolts that adjust with jam nuts against the arm itself that limit or extend the amount of rise you want. It's really a trick set-up and the ULTIMATE Day Two traction device for your Chevelle. Hot Rod Magazine did a Tech article on these bars in their June 1972 issue and I'll send a copy of the article to the buyer. I rode in a '67 Chevelle that had a set of these bars many years ago that ran mid-12's on street radials and I've wanted a set ever since. I've only ran across FOUR sets of these in the past 25 years and this set still retains its' original Ansen Orange paint. They could be used as is, but they should probably be sandblasted and painted or even powder-coated. If you like having rare, Day Two components on your car that nobody else has, then these are the Traction Bars for you! $375 + shipping. Paypal accepted. Thanks.
Attached Images

Attachments - The Supercar Registry 29779.jpg 29778.jpg 29777.jpg
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...