Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 01-03-2014, 01:29 PM

Thanked 1,382 Times in 671 Posts
Default Re: Some pics from Greengate Mall in Greensburg, Pa.

I knew that 69 RS owned by Donnie as I knew his dad pretty well. Nice car. He got another 69 shortly after that for his girlfriend that was nice too, but not as radical.

I was married and working by 90, so didn't cruise much, but I think I remember that 79 Cutlass.

There was always something new on Sundays cruising the park. Yes, that was quite a few years ago now, unfortunately. Where are you from up there?
John 10:30
Old 01-03-2014, 06:44 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: markinnaples</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I knew that 69 RS owned by Donnie as I knew his dad pretty well. Nice car. He got another 69 shortly after that for his girlfriend that was nice too, but not as radical.

I was married and working by 90, so didn't cruise much, but I think I remember that 79 Cutlass.

There was always something new on Sundays cruising the park. Yes, that was quite a few years ago now, unfortunately. Where are you from up there? </div></div>

I think Donnie still has the RS as well as the Red convertible you mentioned above.

I am from the west end - Sheraden to be exact. Parents live in Kennedy, Wife is from Bethel Park. Living on the other end of PA now (Shippensburg).

Ever go street racing in Crafton under the Thornburg bridge on Sunday night? That's another good memory from those days. Donnie used to bring the RS down there from time-to-time. I think he is still working in / running that shop in Bethel (or was it South Park?)
Old 01-03-2014, 06:50 PM

Thanked 1,382 Times in 671 Posts

I never went to Crafton for the street racing, but my brother did. He had a Fox Body convertible with a pretty nasty 5.0 for a while (maroon, no silver trim) with a buddy of his who had a couple Cudas and other Mopars, named Jon O. Jon sold all his old Mopars and has a 1200 hp Viper coupe that walks sports bikes all day long. There are some vids on Youtube with his Viper on there just killing bikes out on Rt 51 towards Uniontown.
John 10:30
Old 01-04-2014, 02:02 AM

A bunch of us used to meet at South Park and Caravan up to New Stanton on Saturday nights for street racing outside of the Sony plant too.

Your brothers buddy with the Mopars wasn't from Washington, was he? There was a guy that was a regular down at Crafton who had a '70 AAR, Green '68 Dart 340 4-spd, and a Lil' Red Express truck. His buddy Frank was big into Oldsmobiles and drove a '78 Cutlass and a '64 Cutlass 'vert with a 455.

There were a lot of muscle cars around the 'burgh in the 1980s / early-1990s. I often wonder where they all ended up. I know I gave my '70 Nova to my Dad, who resto-modded it, and painted it 1965 GM Evening Orchid. He sold it to a guy that is always at the weekly mineral beach cruise on Rt 88. Last I heard, it was converted to a BBC.