Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Dealer Specific Discussion > Baldwin-Motion Performance

Old 10-29-2002, 12:50 PM

Default Motion clone...need help??

I am thinking of creating a Motion clone...not one that will be passed off, but just a really cool street car. I have what I think is a '69 COPO car (has a build date of 2A, 72/72, X11, 3/8" line, BB box, BE rear) and since no motor or trans, it would make a great Motion clone. I'm looking to duplicate the look of the Motions, but want a car that is still "driveable" today...I was thinking of '67 sidepipes and a L71...any thoughts?? Also any pics of actual Motions would be great..especially underneath (how do the pipes attach?) and engine shots...
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 10-29-2002, 01:49 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: Motion clone...need help??

if you are wwondering how the sidepipes attach to the headers, check out the post in "motion sidepipes" a couple subjects down in this Baldwin-Motion Performance section...they answered that question for me...since then i have come across pictures of this, if this is what you are inquiring about, i can try posting a picture...
Old 10-29-2002, 03:39 PM

If you truely do have a COPO car why would you lower the value of the car by making it a clone car? Why not restore the COPO car and enjoy it for what it is?? Which happens to be an amazing car in it's own right. I think it would make more sense to take a run of the mill Camaro and make a clone out of it...IMHO

1974 Jeep CJ5 - 304 V8, Edelbrock Intake, Holley 650, MSD Ignition, Patriot Headers
Old 10-29-2002, 04:16 PM

The car has a lot of characteristics of a COPO, but it is all apart, and the history isn't very well known...it was raced a lot, and there isn't really a way to verify...I'm not planning on doing anything that will devalue the car..in other words..not cutting it up...nice resto but maybe different induction (3x 2's) and sidepipes...maybe a Motion stripe or something...To be honest I hate hugger orange, but will keep it since it is the correct color...