Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Ebay & other seen ads section

Please note

Old 04-20-2017, 02:12 PM

Thanked 1,364 Times in 662 Posts

I work for a bank and although I'm no longer in the BSA area (Bank Secrecy Act - look it up), I know there are a lot of strange rules regarding the w/d and deposit of cash these days. Honestly, it's not the banks, it's the government. Banks couldn't care less how you do your banking, but the govt does. Seriously, as long as you pay your bills, banks couldn't give a flying kite what you do with your money. Blame the govt, and drug dealers and terrorists for these asinine rules.

As an aside, there is a wealthy guy here in my town who comes in once a week who withdraws $10,001 and comes back later in the week who deposits the money back into his account just to p!$$ off the govt bank examiners who have to review this stuff after we report it.

Honestly, sometimes it works to catch the bad guys, but most of the time it's just a PITA for law abiding citizens who deal with lots of cash. Plus, it's a great tool for the IRS to track your income for tax-tracking purposes. Another reason why I favor a national sales tax instead of an income tax, but that's a different discussion.
John 10:30
Old 04-20-2017, 05:44 PM

same car for sale on long island

https://longisland.craigslist.org/cto/6020299907.html
Old 04-21-2017, 06:33 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Starting to smell a rat here. Rich, had I not been 3 weeks post-op of another spinal fusion, I'd have gladly gone to help if the car REALLY ever was in Baltimore. I have a pretty good relationship with my bank. Honestly, the banks hate cash and they're not fond of me for not having a bank card. Maybe I'm too old and cynical, but when I wanna do banking it isn't with a machine.
Old 04-21-2017, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DW31S View Post
Starting to smell a rat here. Rich, had I not been 3 weeks post-op of another spinal fusion, I'd have gladly gone to help if the car REALLY ever was in Baltimore. I have a pretty good relationship with my bank. Honestly, the banks hate cash and they're not fond of me for not having a bank card. Maybe I'm too old and cynical, but when I wanna do banking it isn't with a machine.
Thanks. Nice enough guy. I really don't think it was a scam. The car is actually in New York, think he was advertising on several craigs list's...

Thanks for mentioning it.

Good luck with that back.

Rich
Old 04-22-2017, 05:24 PM

If interested we have thought about selling ours '62 Vette. Fresh 355 SBC and PG trans, original except for safety updates, (brakes, belts, etc). Last fall ran 6.70s in 1/8 mile.
Attached Images

Old 04-23-2017, 02:54 PM

Thanks, but that's probably a little more radical that I was looking for unless it was a cant pass this up kind of thing.
Rich