Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Events > Supercar Reunion

Old 07-31-2017, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cook_dw View Post
Thank you Kasey (pusherman) for being nice enough to take all the videos!!

Enjoy the videos, talk smack or make fun of my short comings.. But remember I was the ONLY car that drove 70 plus miles up to the track in the rain. RACED. And drove another 70 miles back home after the banquet.

cwc vs sYc

Rob's Yenko in the right lane?--what happened in the lights?
Old 07-31-2017, 03:49 PM
Banned

Thanked 1,490 Times in 610 Posts

Tom was driving hopefully he will chime in. It was doing it every pass I watched. Seemed to be fine running wise. Maybe blow by on decel.
Old 07-31-2017, 04:05 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

That was me (Tom) in the Yellow sub.

If you are talking about the video where I deep staged (turned off the top bulb), I had not raced the Yellow sub in years, and I am used to a tranny brake rather then foot braking. When it moved I was surprised I did not turn on the red bulb.

If talking about the ETs, the first pass I simply messed up by not realizing the sub has three forward speeds versus two in the Deuce, which I normally race.

The second pass, which was a solo pass and not on here, I ran a 12.472 @ 112.87, and would have been 2-3 tenths quicker, but for some reason the sub was slow getting into second. I thought maybe I had just stayed in second too long, but during the next pass it would not engage second at all.

Don’t know if it is the shifter (’70s vintage) or something in the trans.

When we get the shifter/trans sorted out I think Rob can get it back into the 11s.
nugeusa1 (08-03-2017)
Old 07-31-2017, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sYc View Post
That was me (Tom) in the Yellow sub.

If you are talking about the video where I deep staged (turned off the top bulb), I had not raced the Yellow sub in years, and I am used to a tranny brake rather then foot braking. When it moved I was surprised I did not turn on the red bulb.

If talking about the ETs, the first pass I simply messed up by not realizing the sub has three forward speeds versus two in the Deuce, which I normally race.

The second pass, which was a solo pass and not on here, I ran a 12.472 @ 112.87, and would have been 2-3 tenths quicker, but for some reason the sub was slow getting into second. I thought maybe I had just stayed in second too long, but during the next pass it would not engage second at all.

Don’t know if it is the shifter (’70s vintage) or something in the trans.

When we get the shifter/trans sorted out I think Rob can get it back into the 11s.
I noticed in that last video ("cwc vs. sYc" 14.6 @ 77 that didn't show up in the post quote for some reason) that it looked like the car nosed over shortly after the launch, then I saw smoke in the lights--was just hoping it didn't wound itself.
Old 07-31-2017, 06:31 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

I don't think it is hurt. I too noticed the smoke on the big end and as I pulled onto the return road I checked my gauges only to see ZERO oil pressure. I stopped as soon as I could to check things, of course expecting oil everywhere when I raised the hood. Nothing, not even a drop underneath or behind. Dip stick read full. By this time other racers stopped to check on me and help. We finally noticed the line to the oil pressure gauge was dangling loose. After several minutes of looking, we decided it had not come loose but rather had not been hooked up. A call from the pits to Rob resulted in"..oh. I forgot to tell you it wasn't hooked up". Now you tell me...LOL

I drove it back to the pits and into and out at the museum and all seemed to be fine. My guess is the trans problem and over reving contributed to the smoke.
Old 08-01-2017, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bashton View Post
Looks like another awesome SCR; and weather be damned!

Again shows that its the cars that draw us together, but its the people that make it all worthwhile.

Congrats to ALL involved.

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com
Bob, you need to come down here next year. There's some cars here that you need to talk to the owners about, to bring their cars to MCACN. Remember when there used to be an award if you made the trifecta. The Gibb show, the Supercar Reunion, and prior to MCACN, Vettefest? That was pretty cool. Maybe a new look at something like that? That brought a lot of good folks together. You're right. The cars are great, but the people make it all worth while.
The Following User Says Thank You to Schonyenko2 For This Useful Post:
ORIGLS6 (08-01-2017)
Old 08-01-2017, 01:11 AM

Nuge,that's the coolest pic I've seen yet!,in case some of you guys are wondering,that red 68 is packin 454 inches of old school LS7! Huge Crane flat tappet cam and dual 600 holleys!!!
1968 chevelle ss396 L34 M21 KK rear all born with
1972 formula 400 M22
Old 08-01-2017, 01:26 AM
Banned

Chris, thats a bone stock L78... Come on now...
Old 08-01-2017, 03:55 AM

Hey guys if any of you can snag the photos from my facebook please feel free.... I'm at a loss on how to move them to the site haha
Old 08-01-2017, 11:21 AM
Banned

Craig, Im not on fb but if you email them to me then I can post them here. Or anyone for that matter if you have pics but cant get them on the site email them to me and I will post them.

cook_dw"at"hotmail.com

replace "at" with @
The Following User Says Thank You to cook_dw For This Useful Post:
Craig_Maiorana (08-01-2017)