Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Dealer Specific Discussion > COPO - Canada

Old 09-03-2010, 01:50 AM

Default Re: Old photos

This one may have belonged to a guy named Ron Stonehouse from Maple Ridge
Old 09-03-2010, 01:56 AM

There were 2 matching green Camaros, Suddenly and Suddenly II. They belonged to a couple of brothers from Washington State, last name Frizzel. Both had green tinted headlights
Old 09-03-2010, 02:06 AM

Looks like the same road the now run the Ironman Canada Triathlon on once a year. called Barcello Road
Old 09-03-2010, 04:14 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 4,502 Times in 2,140 Posts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nwgary</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There were 2 matching green Camaros, Suddenly and Suddenly II. They belonged to a couple of brothers from Washington State, last name Frizzel. Both had green tinted headlights </div></div>

Frizzell Bros!.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EtpmyQs6DE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDwicX8OwQc

[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img]
~ Pete

Old 09-03-2010, 07:35 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nwgary</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like the same road the now run the Ironman Canada Triathlon on once a year. called Barcello Road </div></div>

That road we raced on was in Cawston, just east of Keremeos.
Old 11-28-2010, 09:45 PM

<span style="font-family: 'Arial'"> </span> Thanks for the pic's. Always enjoy those vintage Day 2 pictures.

Mike
Old 05-27-2012, 07:57 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StriperSS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A pink Chevelle. &lt;img src=&quot;https://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/imag.../eek.gif&quot; alt=&quot;&quot; /&gt;

</div></div>
Hey, I was lookin through these pictures and spotted this pink chevelle.
I think I might know this car, does anyone know where this picture was taken? The license plate is an Ontario plate. Where was the picture taken? thanks.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:47 PM

Thanked 3,872 Times in 1,002 Posts

As stiperSS said....

&quot;This next series of photos is from 1975 on a section of old highway between Osoyoos and Keremeos BC. A bunch of guys got together and made arrangements with local authorities to close it off a few times that summer for drag racing. Word got around and it was pretty well attended. Cars from the southern interior of BC, and a few Okanagan County, Washington cars ran there. No timing equipment at first, but a good time was had by all. I did relief flag starting duties, but mostly took photos. I did run my 4 spd W31 there for the one time it was open in 1976. It shut down after it was determined that the insurance that they had wasn't worth the paper it was printed on.
The local RCMP constable fully supported this as well. You'll see his police car in the background of a couple of the photos. (454 Biscayne ) Of course there was an ambulance and tow truck there too.&quot;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62r-6vgk2_8
specializing in (only real) LS6 Chevelle restorations
Old 05-27-2012, 10:37 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SS427</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As stiperSS said....

&quot;This next series of photos is from 1975 on a section of old highway between Osoyoos and Keremeos BC. A bunch of guys got together and made arrangements with local authorities to close it off a few times that summer for drag racing. Word got around and it was pretty well attended. Cars from the southern interior of BC, and a few Okanagan County, Washington cars ran there. No timing equipment at first, but a good time was had by all. I did relief flag starting duties, but mostly took photos. I did run my 4 spd W31 there for the one time it was open in 1976. It shut down after it was determined that the insurance that they had wasn't worth the paper it was printed on.
The local RCMP constable fully supported this as well. You'll see his police car in the background of a couple of the photos. (454 Biscayne ) Of course there was an ambulance and tow truck there too.&quot;
</div></div> Okay, then I'm almost positive I know where this car is now.
Old 06-01-2012, 02:47 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StriperSS</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nwgary</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like the same road the now run the Ironman Canada Triathlon on once a year. called Barcello Road </div></div>

That road we raced on was in Cawston, just east of Keremeos. </div></div>
Hi John, I was fortunate enough to be on the 'Southern Garage Tour' a few weeks ago and were on that exact road. There have been some significant changes over the years but it still remains a beautiful part of BC. By the way my 55 Gasser and L72 Biscayne arrived last week but fortunately they transited through Calgary not Summerland (no abuse on the way) LOL.