Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Sponsors > Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals

Old 11-29-2017, 09:56 PM

Thanked 1,042 Times in 331 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugsy View Post
I showed my 67Z for the first time at mcacn in day2 . My car got docked 129 points and was thinking about it on my way home. I had a great time and not being disrespectful but when the judge told me that I was being docked for no vin plate, I had to show him its on the inside door pillar and cowl tag has 4L on it. Maybe a survivor class could be created for cars that have unrestored paint,chrome,glass,vinyl top,sheet metal etc. I am happy with the bronze award I received , but with a 19k mile survivor thought I would have scoped better. Just my opinion. Thanks for a great show. I did have a great time, thanks to John Mellor.
Thanks for showing with us, you have a gorgeous Z and I think it should be left exactly as it is. We do have specialized judging for unrestored cars. That is our Vintage Certification program led by Steve Shauger. Vintage is entirely different and does not use the same judges or judging sheets or criteria.

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com
www.mcacn.com
Old 11-29-2017, 09:57 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanks Dave!!!!!
68 Camaro Z28,Corvette Bronze,Houndstooth
www.vancouverclassiccars.com
Old 11-30-2017, 11:44 AM

That was hilarious, Dave! LOL. Love it.. Im seriously thinking of just bringing our cars next year and not getting em judged. Im not sure at this time if i want to go thru the stress or not.

1971 Torino 351c 4v GT convertible. White/white with black,4 speed, shaker, am/fm, ps/pdb, buckets/console, ac, flip headlights

1969 GTO Judge Warwick blue/blue, RAIII, 4 speed, tach/gauges, safe t track, flip headlights, 3.55's, ps and radio.
Old 11-30-2017, 09:42 PM
Yenko Advertising Member

Thanked 4,576 Times in 1,137 Posts

Thanks, Frank! All in good fun. It's a personal decision for sure. Either way..... BRING THOSE CARS NEXT YEAR!!! There... how's that for persuasion?

Cheers
Dave
The Following User Says Thank You to A12pilot For This Useful Post:
flyingn (11-30-2017)
Old 11-30-2017, 11:02 PM

Frank,

I almost opted to not have the car judged but decided to do it due to all the hustle and trouble of getting the car to Chicago and the costs associated. I figured it will only be there once so why not try to get something from this show. This is one of the top tier Muscle Car Shows in the country, if not one of the best in my opinion, and wanted a nice accolade to go with the car from this show.. I would recommend just doing it..

Mark, I was very happy to have you guys sitting with me... You guys are always welcome.. Mike and Larry were a big help with the Saturday matter.... I was just disappointed we couldn't get Courtney over for a picture with us with and the yellow beast... LOL...

Rich

Last edited by Mr. Chevy; 11-30-2017 at 11:05 PM.
Old 12-01-2017, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Chevy View Post
Frank,

I almost opted to not have the car judged but decided to do it due to all the hustle and trouble of getting the car to Chicago and the costs associated. I figured it will only be there once so why not try to get something from this show. This is one of the top tier Muscle Car Shows in the country, if not one of the best in my opinion, and wanted a nice accolade to go with the car from this show.. I would recommend just doing it..

Mark, I was very happy to have you guys sitting with me... You guys are always welcome.. Mike and Larry were a big help with the Saturday matter.... I was just disappointed we couldn't get Courtney over for a picture with us with and the yellow beast... LOL...

Rich
Yea Rich, its also going to be a once in a lifetime show for us too.. I was thinking of taking all 3 cars but that would be a logistic nightmare..

1971 Torino 351c 4v GT convertible. White/white with black,4 speed, shaker, am/fm, ps/pdb, buckets/console, ac, flip headlights

1969 GTO Judge Warwick blue/blue, RAIII, 4 speed, tach/gauges, safe t track, flip headlights, 3.55's, ps and radio.
Old 12-01-2017, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingn View Post
Yea Rich, its also going to be a once in a lifetime show for us too.. I was thinking of taking all 3 cars but that would be a logistic nightmare..
Not to mention very expensive.....

Rich
Old 12-01-2017, 02:46 PM

Thanked 1,042 Times in 331 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingn View Post
I recommend one car per year for the next three years!

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com
www.mcacn.com
Old 12-01-2017, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Chevy View Post
Not to mention very expensive.....

Rich
Yea no kidding. Gonna be working all summer to save my pennies just to ship two cars, three of us to fly there and hotel and food.

Old 12-01-2017, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bashton View Post
I recommend one car per year for the next three years!

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com
I want to take our Judge and our Sons(23 years old) 86 Grand national because it was built on the same line in the same plant 17 years apart. Kinda like distant cousins display