Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Old 02-16-2014, 06:01 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: 69 Camaro BB w Baldwin Chevy Connection

OK, I'm jumping in here on page 11 of this thing. I read the first couple pages so this my be a repeat, I'm not sure. So no docs, what about a build sheet? It may be in a door or under a seat. The paint can be wet sanded and buffed and my detail guy can bring that interior back to the best condition possible considering what is in the car. With no repaint, just restoring the paint that is there and replacing the missing stripe, pull the motor, disassemble and check it. Replace only what it needs (NOS if possible)and reassemble it without repainting it, but cleaning it and the engine bay, service the trans and rear and redoing all of the breaks and making it safe. Your looking at a little more than 5K, but not by a lot. Buy it for $30K if that is THE car you want, possibly find a build sheet in it and be driving it cleaned up, but by no means "Restored" for around or maybe a little less than $40K. If that is worth the investment to you, why not. Drive it for a few years, cruise around town in it and take it to the drag strip and run in the slightly modified class or put the manifolds back on it and run strictly stock. Have fun with it and wait a few years to put the "Restoration" money in it. Depending on how mush sheet metal it will need, you will still have more invested in total that you can sell it for, but you enjoyed it and had fun with it and drove you initial investment out of it so to speak, you had fun with it and so a further big investment won't hurt you feelings so bad. By that time it may be worth more than your total investment anyway, and you had fun in it. If it is the "born with" drive train, it may be a good long term investment if you look at it from a profit standpoint.