Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Old 01-02-2004, 09:09 PM

Default WANTED ( CAR DETECTIVE)ON 68 CAMARO

LOOKING FOR A CAR DETECTIVE THAT CAN FIND OUT EVERYTHING ABOUT THE 68 CAMARO I HAVE ON EBAY.
I HAVE ABOUT 6 DOCUMENTS FOR THE CAR THAT I WOULD HAVE TO FAX YOU BECAUSE THEY DON'T SHOW UP WELL WITH PHOTOS.
SEND ME A PRIVATE MASSAGE WITH YOUR CONTACT INFO( WILL PAY WHATEVER.IF YOUR IN FLORIDA I WILL FLY THERE AND LET YOU INSPECT THE CAR BUT I NEED ATLEAST 2 DAYS NOTICE.
THANKS
Attachments - The Supercar Registry 64246-belairbiker11.jpg 64211-Picture 026.jpg 63748-62belairmonk.jpg
O Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 01-02-2004, 09:14 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,689 Times in 997 Posts
Default Re: WANTED ( CAR DETECTIVE)ON 68 CAMARO

I sent you a PM.
Old 01-02-2004, 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I sent you a PM.

[/ QUOTE ]
THANKS I WILL CALL YOU TONIGHT AROULD 9PM MY TIME , I BELIVE 7PM YOURS, IS THAT OK ?
Old 01-02-2004, 09:46 PM

You couldn't have a better person (Charley Lillard) trying to help you. Also the ethical thing would not be selling the car on ebay until the real facts are discovered, unless you disclose the uncertainty to the bidders so they are honestly informed. My .02.
Old 01-02-2004, 09:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You couldn't have a better person (Charley Lillard) trying to help you. Also the ethical thing would not be selling the car on ebay until the real facts are discovered, unless you disclose the uncertainty to the bidders so they are honestly informed. My .02.

[/ QUOTE ]

I HAD A DEALERSHIP OWNER IN FL , GO THROUGH THE PAPERWORK AND HE SAID IT WAS A 68 COPO CAMARO FROM CA, THEN HE TRIED BEATING ME UP BECAUSE THE ENGINE WAS MODIFIED, ALSO GOT THE SAME INFO ON THE CAR FROM MANY PEOPLE WHEN SHOWN MY PAPERWORK IN DAYTONA AT THE TURKEY ROD RUN THIS NOVEMBER, MY DOUBTS CAME FROM READING SOME OF THE BULL ON THIS SITE AND ALSO THE FACT THAT GOERGE STAUFER(STAUFER CLASSICS) RAN THE VIN #'S THROUGH A FRIEND AND CAME BACKE SAYING THAT THE CAR CAME FROM DANA, SO IM WONDERING WHY THE GUYS ON THIS FORUM CAN'T COME UP WITH INFO AND IF THEY HAVE WHY ARE THEY HOLDING THAT INFO BACK FROM THE FORUM
Old 01-02-2004, 11:13 PM

What info are you referring to? If you sent good pictures of the documentation to people on this site, some of them can definitely help determine if the documentation is legit or not. But see what Charley can do to help you out.
Old 01-02-2004, 11:17 PM

Thanked 3,689 Times in 997 Posts

I just had a conversation with Tim, the owner of the Car. He seems like a decent guy and really does want to figure out exactly what he has. He is in Wisconsin and the car and paperwork are in Florida. He had gone back there and took the protecto plate pic but didn't realize it was too small to read. Until he can get back there he can't provide any paperwork. It might be a Month from now. He doesn't know much about COPO's so the things that ring wrong to us don't mean a thing to him. It might be a Dana car or it might be something made up but if somebody was making a fake car I don't think they would build it like they did. He will let me know when he gets to the paperwork so in the mean time can we cut him some slack please. He does want to sell the car but I told him the only way to get any Supercar type money out of it is to provide the paperwork. I am not trying to beat anybody to the car. If someone wants to offer him Money for the car they might consider it contingent on the paperwork. It would be neat if it was real.
Old 01-02-2004, 11:21 PM

Charley never sent me his number in a PM

Old 01-02-2004, 11:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just had a conversation with Tim, the owner of the Car. He seems like a decent guy and really does want to figure out exactly what he has. He is in Wisconsin and the car and paperwork are in Florida. He had gone back there and took the protecto plate pic but didn't realize it was too small to read. Until he can get back there he can't provide any paperwork. It might be a Month from now. He doesn't know much about COPO's so the things that ring wrong to us don't mean a thing to him. It might be a Dana car or it might be something made up but if somebody was making a fake car I don't think they would build it like they did. He will let me know when he gets to the paperwork so in the mean time can we cut him some slack please. He does want to sell the car but I told him the only way to get any Supercar type money out of it is to provide the paperwork. I am not trying to beat anybody to the car. If someone wants to offer him Money for the car they might consider it contingent on the paperwork. It would be neat if it was real.

[/ QUOTE ]
again thanks charly
Old 01-03-2004, 01:01 AM

So is the car still for sale on Ebay or are you going to wait until you can check the documentation again? I would think that you would stop the auction until you can have someone knowledgable check the documentation. If you let the auction go, somebody will have the legal right to the car at the price it ends at.