Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 03-02-2004, 05:38 PM

Default The Greatest Day of my Life

On 3-1-04 at 12:30am a life long dream came true. A 1970 Yenko Deuce Nova was delivered to my home on a trailer from New York. A lot of you already know about the deal and have helped me in many ways and I appreciate it and thank you all for keeping it under wraps till now. This was a very hectic and nerve wracking deal with twists, aggravation, and deceit all along the way. I am just glad that it is all over and that the seller was a true man of integrity. I know I am not accepting an Oscar but I feel the need to thank a few people publicly. Some of you have multiple supercars but like Mr. Tom Clary told me on the phone yesterday you will never forget your first!

First I would like to thank Ken Schoenthaller (schonyyenko) the original Deuce king who if not for him I absolutely would not have this car. I had been talking with Ken for a few months and after missing a few Ken was nice enough to give me the lead on this Deuce. Ken I thank you and am forever in your debt.

Of course no Deuce find/purchase story would be complete without thanking Marlin Spotts for his help, counseling, and information in regard to this Deuce. I really am thankful that there is someone like you in the hobby that tirelessly researches and helps people with these cars and to think he does it for free for his love of the hobby.

Next I would like to thank my friends Joey Barr and Steve Sandlin for keeping me in line and my head cool while this whole ordeal was taking place.

Last but certainly not least I would like to thank Mr. Tom & Rob Clary for all there help. I would not AT ALL have as much knowledge about muscle cars/supercars if it were not for these two gentleman and the sYc. Tom please reserve a spot for me at SCR7 and I will definitely be racing the Deuce till she's broke!

Now about the car! The car is the 75th car produced and has the YS# of 42. It was sold out of Loehmann Chevrolet Waterbury, Conn. The car is listed in the Yenko inventory and has an inventory sheet from GMAC to Loehmann with the vin#'s of mine and three other Deuces that they received. It is Cranberry Red, Black stripes, M21 4 speed, & 4.56 rear. The car was purchased by the previous owner in 1994 and was restored by him in 1995-1996. It looks to be a mostly correct resto with a lot of the correct components like tach, front seat, shifter, rubber mat, manifolds, smog, lacquer paint, spiral shocks, etc. The car has not been driven on the street since resto but has had its fair share of time on the race track. The car was raced at many tracks including the organized Muscle Car Review COPO/Yenko race that they had in I think 1998. The previous owner tells me that the car ran a best of 13.40 on Wide Ovals with manifolds, and smog. I hear that he raced against COPO PETE? Pete do you have any other info that you can provide me? The car was also featured in the American Muscle Car episode on Speedvision about the COPO cars. It is the only Deuce featured in the video. The car was also shot for an upcoming issue of Hemmings Muscle Machines and from what the seller tells be it will be a great spread complete with a smokey burn out shot! The car does have a correct motor and the block does have the correct serial # stamped in it but I have no idea if it is the original engine. The car is 34 years old so who knows what has happened in that time.

The car is one bad MF! I drove it this morning to give it a bath and she moves! The power especially with the 4.56 rear snaps your neck into the back seat. I am definitely going to swap out the gear but it is going to tear me up whether I am going to day 2 her or not. (most likely not) Sorry about the long winded post but now I am going to post some pics.
Attached Images

Attachments - The Supercar Registry 75562-DH Chevelle #10.jpg 75560-DH Chevelle #8.jpg 75559-DH Chevelle #6.jpg 75087-DH Chevelle #2.jpg
O Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 03-02-2004, 05:42 PM

Default Re: The Greatest Day of my Life

More pics
Attached Images

Old 03-02-2004, 05:43 PM

bad pic deleted
hvychev
Old 03-02-2004, 05:43 PM

Good luck with the Deuce!!

1970 Yenko Deuce, YS-84
1972 Nova SS
1987 Grand National
Old 03-02-2004, 05:45 PM

SWEEET!! Congrats, Frank!

It's getting close to the point where the Yenko Novas could have have their own staging lane during the racing part of the Reunion!!

Old 03-02-2004, 05:46 PM

Congrats on achieving your dream (the way you opened the post, I thought you had a new baby and in a way, I guess you do!). How about a pic of the new arrival?
Old 03-02-2004, 05:50 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,689 Times in 997 Posts

Congrats..Hope you can sleep now. Why swap out the 456's ?
Old 03-02-2004, 05:51 PM

Frank,

Congratulations on your first Supercar!! The Deuce looks awesome. Love that color. Good luck with it and have fun!

Mike
Old 03-02-2004, 05:51 PM

pics
Attached Images

Old 03-02-2004, 05:52 PM

Damn Jr.....that is one nice looking car...see you this summer....bring your pink...(title for you young whipper snappers)