Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > In Memoriam

Old 06-21-2006, 12:20 AM

Default Re: Ok guys.. I have some super bad news.. Please help

[ QUOTE ]
There is little doubt in my mind that whoever did this crime has perused this board-I mean how hard is it to look at a guys sig,see his cars,and in a relatively small town like he was from call 411 and get an addy.I am in no way saying it was a member,but this site does display quite a bit of personal info.These cars were worth a small fortune and with ethics coming in a distant second to greed it's just another level up from restamps and fake tags.Hopefully this same site through it's network of members will lead authorities to these plundering scumbags-jmo

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know - seems to me like an individual that is or was very close to Larry at one time. It appeared to happen quickly and not only did they seem to be organized around his shop, they also knew where he kept the Titles in his house! That is not the work of a stranger.

Ed and Perry,

You guys should rack your brains and try to remember as many associates of Larry's as you can. Try and remember anyone unusual or non trustworthy.
Old 06-21-2006, 12:52 AM

Send a message via ICQ to 55chevy Send a message via AIM to 55chevy Send a message via Yahoo to 55chevy

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How is it he died on May 18th and we didn't find out till a month later ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you! Myself and several others have been asking this very same question. I am sure there are at least a few guys that would have wanted to attend his funeral at the very least.
Rick

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me answer this question and put this one to rest. First let me tell you how sick I felt hearing of Larry's passing.. I was one of his closest friends and I didn't get word he died till almost 2 weeks after he had.. My connection to Larry was with Larry... It wasn't uncommon for us to go a week or so without talking.. so I didn't think much of it.. Then after I'd called him a few times and just got the voice mail I started to worry.. The very next day Perry called me with the news.. Like I said, my connection to Larry was with Larry.. so no one else really knew to think to call me when he past.. So not even I got to go to his funeral. Though I wish I had..

As for the reason the annoucement of his death hasn't happened till now.. Larry died without a will.. His estate is in probate. And it was at the wishes of those involved to keep things private for the time being..

This dispicable act against Larry of stealing all his cars is the reason this is being made public..

There is no doubt that this was done by someone who knew Larry, what he had, and where to find it.. And hopefully that will aide in the capture of those responsible and recovery of everything.. Because that list of people "in the know" of what Larry had and where is short..very short.

I hope I've clarified a few things.
Old 06-21-2006, 01:08 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,893 Times in 1,005 Posts

Thanks for clarifying Ed. Sometimes it is just frustrating to learn of a friends passing and not have a chance to pay respects. Nothing personal to you or anyone else. I did not keep in touch with Larry on a regular basis but did consider him as a friend.

I remember calling him laughing at him after he signed up on the Harrell web site using "SS427" as his signon. I called him only to give him some friendly poop since I don't own that name and was just teasing him. Larry being Larry offered to retract his sign on and change it to something else. We laughed and went on. Just another memory of the nice guy he was.
Rick
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62r-6vgk2_8
specializing in (only real) LS6 Chevelle restorations
Old 06-21-2006, 01:11 AM

Wow...this blows...he was a cool guy dammit !
Old 06-21-2006, 08:23 AM

Send a message via AIM to mmcporter

That's very sad that he has died. He was a nice guy who was knew his stuff. He will be missed on this board. Too bad about the cars as well--what a cowardly crime to say the least.
Old 06-21-2006, 09:01 AM

Well folks......in the final analysis, it is not what you have but who you are.....and by reading ALL these posts, this gentleman was just that...a gentle man. Our hobby is just the conduit to forged friendships.

Like with my 5/13 heart attack.....and your responses, many of you showed me what class and character you possess. For that, I again Thank You.

For Larry and his family....God bless you.

Jeff
98 Surburban
Old 06-21-2006, 10:41 AM

Wow. This is sad. My condolences to his family and friends. I can see by the comments in this post that a ton of his friends are here on this site. I'm truly sorry for everybody.

The theft of his cars made the hair stand up on the back of my neck and my stomach tense up. I was robbed just over a year ago. They broke into the house and went through everything and stole a bunch of stuff. Hearing what happened to Larry cars brought all those emotions back. That's just sickening. I would love to choke the life out of the thieves with my bare hands. If there's anything I can do to help beside keeping my eyes and ears open, please let me know.
Old 06-21-2006, 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well folks......in the final analysis, it is not what you have but who you are.....and by reading ALL these posts, this gentleman was just that...a gentle man. Our hobby is just the conduit to forged friendships.

[/ QUOTE ]

This brings another twist to the thread. As Ed mentioned, Larry died intestate. I'll not get into details, but the surviving, albeit distant, family members are being less than cooperative, regardless of no contact with them in the time I've known Larry. Aunt and her family is it.

At any rate, folks, make sure you don't die intestate. Get the wills written. Hand written, by you, is ok. If drafted, get it witnessed by two and notarized. Don't leave your friends in the awkward position of deciding your estate. We never know when our time is up.

As for the rest of the issues we on the Forum can attend to, it will be to simply think of all publications the theft can be listed in; to do so and keep out eyes open.

There are some bad people out there in the world. 'nuff for now.

Thanks again, on Larry's behalf, for all the kind words.

Perry
Old 06-21-2006, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not only were his cars stolen.. but his house broken into and the titles to them taken as well..

[/ QUOTE ]
Just re-read part of this thread...that line right there tells me it was an inside job, as someone had to know where the titles were...do Oklahoma titles require notarization? Might be worth someone's time to pass along the VIN #s to Joel Rosen as well...
Old 06-21-2006, 06:55 PM

I sent a PM to Ed with that exact statement Rob... This had to be an inside job.