Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 03-15-2008, 04:09 PM

Default Real Motion, or some ancient clone

Cars for sale in CT. No VIN provided, white with black vinyl top, allegedly a 427, 4 spd car. real rough, but relatively old features on it.

My Pace Car
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 03-15-2008, 04:28 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: Real Motion, or some ancient clone

This car has been dicussed before. The Motion valve covers look to be real, they have the cut emblems.I love how the owner armor all'd the tires while the rest of the car is hammered.
70 L78 Nova Fathom Blue,Bench, 4spd, F41, 3:55
71 Porsche 911 Targa
Old 03-15-2008, 04:35 PM

not a fan of armor all.

...and I wonder, if a car that may, or will be for sale is discussed here to learn more about it, why should it be moved to the 'for sale' section and then be deleted if no price is included?

That seems to be rather harsh. ( especially if tragic circumstances surround the aquistion and sale)

I was referring to this post
Old 03-15-2008, 05:29 PM

Not my car, its goig up for auction in Waterbury CT next Saturday, along with a bunch of other cars ranging from real rust bucket plain jane cars to this thing, what ever it is, to a Phase III motion Vette certified by J. Rosen. Appears to be some kind of liquidation company that is running the auction. Don't know any of the circumstances surrounding the sale. If you want to delete it go ahead.

My Pace Car
Old 03-15-2008, 05:51 PM

Mark, I don't think the post should be deleted or moved. I had always figured this was the place to discuss vehicles that had recently been discovered, acquired or seen for sale in an attempt to find out more information or any history on a particular car .
In the course of trying to authenticate a vehicle or determine its value, the owner mentions that the vehicle may be for sale. I don't believe that warrants moving a post or deleting it, even more so when a newbie comes here for help, especially if these events come about from a terrible loss of life.

Have I had too much coffee? If so, delete all my posts too.
Old 03-15-2008, 06:21 PM

I'm with you on this one Chris. I didn't take his post as a "for sale" at all. I say leave his post alone.
34 Ford Sedan..Hemi powered
Michigan/ Florida
Old 03-15-2008, 06:31 PM

apparrently the powers that be had complainers.
Old 03-15-2008, 07:02 PM

Thanked 4,612 Times in 2,155 Posts

Cars discussed that happen to be for sale by someone other than the person posting haven't generally been and shouldn't simply be deleted as a firm rule..
Don't we risk losing possible important pieces of the trail of cars that later prove genuine if we start doing this?.

My vote's always for trying to include important details, especially the Vin of cars that make short appearances here and try to always leave a clear trail we can find later..
Same goes for Vin stamped parts we come upon that have gone astray from their vehicles...the known digits or last six alone if that's all we have should be included when we can..

And when we do have these numbers at hand, we need to make sure to include them in a clear uncluttered format so later search results find them too...so posting a whole Vin or known digits needs to be clearly posted alone without the # sign or VIN stuck to the numbers..

~ Pete

Old 03-15-2008, 07:29 PM

In support of the decision to move the post on the B-M Vette, I am sympathetic to the circumstances, but, if I remember, it was clearly stated that the car was one thing that had to be sold. He asked for people to email him for more info. When asked to price it, he responded that he didn't know where to price it yet. He was given ample time to put a price on it. That seems more than fair to try to avoid the start of a bidding war. The rule is the same for all members, old or new. Despite the tragic circumstances, the rule was established to make it fair for all members. In addition, there are many non members who troll this board to find rare cars for sale. A free, non priced ad gets a lot of interest from a lot of potential buyers for a car like this. Fair is fair.
Old 03-15-2008, 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
.... A free, non priced ad gets a lot of interest from a lot of potential buyers for a car like this.....

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, and the deleted thread leaves the few that know to have at it. ( just a thought that an oldtimer PM'd to me)

Had I seen his warning for a price or face deletion last night, I would have advised him to ask $1,000,000.00 and wait for the offers.

Now doubts to the truth of the story have been suggested. Should it matter to me or anyone here? I could be wrong, but if this story and car are real it is the most signifcant discovery since SS's 68 Dana in HI. And have we chased him and the car away? I hope not.

JMHO ....need more coffee.