Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Dealer Specific Discussion > COPO - United States

Old 12-29-2016, 01:18 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: X22 COPO

I talked to Jerry M and tried to get him to comment about this here on Yenko.net.
He told me that he has looked at many early COPOs.
And it would be shame not to restore this one, but it will be expensive.
Old 12-30-2016, 12:01 AM
Banned

I looked at my unrestored big block ZL2 equipped car firewall and there are no holes where you circled yellow for wiring clip, the relay hole shows no indication of the star washer marks, the ground wire (green circle) is much higher than the factory ground location on my car. There seems to be another extra small hole between the blue circled relay hole and green circled ground wire hole.

The factory firewall has a number of dimples in the steel. The blue and yellow circled holes look to use one of the dimples (blue circle) and may just be holes for an aftermarket coil/ignition box that was firewall mounted. I've seen these paired holes many times in this area of the firewall.

If Jerry is prepared to verify this as a Copo by some extra firewall holes and hard to see crayon markings then by all means get his blessings on paper.

Good luck in your continued research on this car.
Old 12-30-2016, 12:23 AM

In such cases, your Big Block car is not a real ZL2 car.
It says in the AIM that the holes should be there
And as Firstgenaddict says that it must be as stated in the AIM

[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img]
Old 12-30-2016, 12:26 AM

AIM

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gwgqn9f75l...ANUAL.pdf?dl=0
Old 12-30-2016, 12:52 AM

Im sorry camaromb. Its not showing in the AIM that the hole yellow markt first picture should be there.
I was wrong.
But the second picture yellow mark should be there if it was a ZL2
Old 12-30-2016, 10:04 AM

Can anyone out there confirm that thier early Yenko or Copo does not have a hole above fuse box?? What about that Dec build ZL2 Z28? Sorry if this fact has been established already. Seems very important in this discussion.
Old 12-30-2016, 04:04 PM

I posted this earlier on CRG and wanted to start a discussion of early ZL2 Cars. but the wolf pack jumped at me at once, and the only thing they were intreserade of was to tell that the car was not a COPO.
I said I donot need to hear if I have a COPO or not.
It's not mentioned anything on the CRG about the first ZL2 cars can have the hole in other places.
The first one that told this for me was a member at Team Camaro and he wanted me to look at my Maybe Motion if she was a ZL2 car.
And then a few years later, there appeared a picture of an early Yenko who had the hole in the Center Firewall and the guys said early Cowl Induction Car.
Old 12-30-2016, 05:25 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Carleen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I posted this earlier on CRG and wanted to start a discussion of early ZL2 Cars. but the wolf pack jumped at me at once, and the only thing they were intreserade of was to tell that the car was not a COPO.
I said I donot need to hear if I have a COPO or not. </div></div>
I wasn't involved in the discussion, but I read it. You're telling a bunch of guys that see scammers on a daily basis, which are getting better and better, to &quot;trust you&quot; that yours is a COPO. That's not going to happen if there is something there that doesn't add up for them. If you want to call your car &quot;X&quot;, you're going to need to prove it if you don't want the questions. Honestly, I would think you would want that. That's half the fun sometimes. Think about all the clones out there. Some guys buy real deal cars for investments or just because they want them and they don't want a clone. If everyone took every Joe's word for it that their car was legit, the financial aspect of the hobby would tank. There would be no incentive for some to restore special cars when you could just re-body something and call it what you want.
I love it when people question this or that about my car. That way if there is something I wasn't aware of, I can figure it out. Different strokes for different folks, but don't get sensitive and defensive when guys on forums start questioning things. Many times they don't know and it's how everyone learns. I don't think you're going to get much sympathy here either. These men like to confirm claims just as much if not more so. Just my opinion and it's not to bash you, but to give you and others like you another perspective hopefully.

69 Camaro SS396 L34 X66
Old 12-30-2016, 10:45 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: iluv69s</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can anyone out there confirm that thier early Yenko or Copo does not have a hole above fuse box?? What about that Dec build ZL2 Z28? Sorry if this fact has been established already. Seems very important in this discussion. </div></div>

Dave Beems's 12C documented ZL2 car has the cowl induction piercing above the fusebox as does his 01B Yenko.

The hole shown in the photo below the speedo cable outlet is too small by orders of magnitude to feed the plastic connectors through, the fusebox piercing of 3/4 of an inch is required
NCRS#65120
68 GTO HO 4 spd Alpine Blue /Parchment 2 owner car
#21783 71 Corvette LT1 45k miles Orig paint - Brandshatch Green - National Top Flight - last known 71 LT1 built.
71 Corvette LT1 42k miles Original paint - Black - black leather - only black LT1 known to exist.
NUMEROUS Lemans blue Camaros,
Monza Red and Daytona Yellow Corvettes
& a Chevelle or two...
Survivors, restored cars, &amp; other photos
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/myphotos