Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Technical & Restoration

Old 03-10-2014, 03:17 PM

Default Help finding a head for a SD33T

Got a 1987 international scout with a SD 33 T Nissan Diesel that has a cracked cylinder head
This guy spent a a bucket of money on this thing 8.000 in body work 4000 for new engine two years ago
BUT What I have found is This is a turbo diesel and the knuckle head that build this motor used a NON TURBO head
and that why it cracked The guy that did the motor is no longer in business so jot now in our shop
I have been looking for a month now on trying to locate a tubo head for this BUT look like there are none to be found
does any one here have any infor as to to were we can find a head for this beast
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 03-10-2014, 03:47 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: Help finding a head for a SD33T

I don't know much about an SD33T, but I bet the Nissan Patrol forums would be a good place to start.

http://www.patrol4x4.com/forum/

These Nissan Patrol trucks were off my radar, since I always thought Nissan hit the US in the 1980's. I ran across a Patrol in a farmer's field a few years back. I was shocked to learn it was a 1968 or 1969 (forget which now). Anyways, that is what I would do for such a challenge. You'll probably find it will be more popular outside the US. If you are lucky, Canada but Europe and Australia might be the best place to source a head since you've seemed to have struck out through the usual resources. Good Luck!