Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Dealer Specific Discussion > COPO - United States

Old 08-31-2012, 02:14 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: Inherited 69 Copo Camaro

Sam there are some photos in the link I posted...you may have to scroll down in that old post to see them...
Old 08-31-2012, 04:51 PM

Thanked 4,517 Times in 2,144 Posts

W[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/drool.gif[/img]W!!!
Welcome aboard RunninBear!!!

[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img]
~ Pete

Old 08-31-2012, 04:57 PM

Thanks for the pix. What does the car look like today? What tranny does she have? What plans do you have for it Runnin' Bair? [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/[/img]

Old 08-31-2012, 05:21 PM

What track is that at?
Old 08-31-2012, 05:36 PM

Dragway 42, West Salem, OH [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/headbang.gif[/img]
Old 08-31-2012, 09:11 PM
Administrator

Thanked 6,189 Times in 1,342 Posts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: runninbear</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Charley Lillard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Apparently that yellow car that Andy called a ZL1 is Runnin bears car. And apparently DesertRat was Bill Zazek who was banned from this site years ago. not sure I understand why Runnin was so shy about pics. Cool car. </div></div>
Thx Charley</div></div>

Congrats on inheriting a fabulous car. Sometimes our enthusiasm and passion can get the best of us. In the past we have had new members join and make up fantastic stories only to find out it was a hoax. I can assure you that Camaromb is as passionate as they come and will go out of his way to help anyone and share his knowledge. Welcome to the site and again congratulations, and please share your childhood memories and stories of the car with us. My childhood memories of my father as it relates to cars is that they were only means a of traveling from point A to B and absolutely nothing more. In fact it used to annoy him that I spent some much time, money and energy on them. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]

Vintage Certification™ , Providing Recognition to Unrestored Muscle Cars. Website:
www.vintagecertification.com
Old 09-01-2012, 07:41 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paceme</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: runninbear</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Charley Lillard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Apparently that yellow car that Andy called a ZL1 is Runnin bears car. And apparently DesertRat was Bill Zazek who was banned from this site years ago. not sure I understand why Runnin was so shy about pics. Cool car. </div></div>
Thx Charley</div></div>

Congrats on inheriting a fabulous car. Sometimes our enthusiasm and passion can get the best of us. In the past we have had new members join and make up fantastic stories only to find out it was a hoax. I can assure you that Camaromb is as passionate as they come and will go out of his way to help anyone and share his knowledge. Welcome to the site and again congratulations, and please share your childhood memories and stories of the car with us. My childhood memories of my father as it relates to cars is that they were only means of traveling from point A to B and absolutely nothing more. In fact it used to annoy him that I spent some much time, money and energy on them. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img] </div></div>

Have good and bad memories .. Good, first time I got to drive it at 12 years old...Bad, we used to haul it around on a 1960s Uhaul flatbed..used to embarrass the crap out of me....
Old 09-01-2012, 07:52 PM

Sweet car how fast was it any recent pics or what shape is it in [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/headbang.gif[/img]
Old 09-01-2012, 11:59 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brent396</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sweet car how fast was it any recent pics or what shape is it in [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/headbang.gif[/img] </div></div>

11.2 in B Production class...car is pretty much unchanged from the pics.
Old 09-02-2012, 01:21 AM
Banned

Runninbear,

WOW!, I missed all the excitement! I'm glad to say I owe you an apology. I was wrong, gladly, about your car being real. With hundreds of Copo cars known and only a handful of original owner non-Yenko Copo cars that exist, this is the third original owner yellow Copo Camaro known and the second from the same dealer???!! They are all in Ohio too???!!!! Unbelievable.

With all the cars that don't really exist/stories we all have heard over the years, this car was hard to believe with so little information. Good luck, enjoy the car, it is one of the rarest that exist thats for sure. Thanks for sharing some info about the car.

Mark