Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Chevrolet

Old 07-16-2014, 08:03 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,150 Posts
Default Re: NCRS Historical Document Services

Zone 33 was Minnesota/North/South Dakota area.
Closest dealers I see to yours so far were:
Dealer 537 Muscatell Chevrolet Inc in Fargo ND.
Dealer 615 PENROSE CHEVROLET CO. in Parkers Prarie Mn.
Old 07-16-2014, 11:22 PM

Thanked 1,623 Times in 498 Posts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PeteLeathersac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
A few bumps w/ the NCRS service but let's all try to be thankful for what we do get it'd be a shame if the service was discontinued because of too much flak and/or negative responses?
Not all info is available to satisfy every circumstance so best use the results to seek out the rest of the story by connecting w/ others who have cars shipped to the same dealer codes etc?
As for matching the codes w/ the actual dealers, much info out there is indeed conflicting including what NCRS has on file but getting the zone and dealer code is key then a fella can track the dealer or confirm those indicated on the NCRS reports.

We've had a few Laks Chevrolet threads here in the past so try the search box, click below to one of them that includes a link to a Laks Chevy newspaper ad near the end of page two.
https://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/ubbt...opics/458080/1

[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img]
~ Pete

</div></div>

I fully understand that some info is better than none...but, don't forget people are &quot;paying for this&quot;, and therefore have a right to reasonable efforts to fix a problem. If you go to there database search form and type in Krise Motor Co. in PA, nothing comes up...if you just run the list of PA dealers...same thing...so where did they get the name to begin with????

It is obviously an error...I just want them to acknowledge it and correct it...that isn't asking too much.
02 Berger 380hp #95
Lots of L78 Novas
Join National Nostalgic Nova!
70 Orange Cooler
69 Camaro
Old 07-16-2014, 11:26 PM

Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,150 Posts

When I enter KRISE on the NCRS site,it says see Tom Williams.
Old 07-17-2014, 01:13 AM

Thanked 4,517 Times in 2,144 Posts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr70</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When I enter KRISE on the NCRS site,it says see Tom Williams. </div></div>

Strange enough, Google shows the owner Charles Krise was from where else but Williamsport!
Born Sept. 11'th, Krise was a Navy man and later Mayor of Canton also a Silver Beaver award winner too!
All true, click below for more...
http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-...&amp;id=I28476
[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/flag.gif[/img]

As for the NCRS reports, I'm sure they'll do their best to provide correct info also redo reports when requested.
No doubt they need help w/ their dealer code database but the service should result in a lot more dealer info coming together from original sales orders and build sheets to match codes with also old dealer lists may surface etc so although it may get worse for a while, it should be a whole lot better in the end!
[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img]
~ Pete
Old 07-17-2014, 01:16 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zach Carter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[quote=WILMASBOYL78]Well...here is a new twist to the NCRS program [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/scholar.gif[/img]

My 1969 L72 M22 Biscayne came from Laks according to the NICB I got on it years ago. Looks like they had some real muscle roll through that place. Has anyone found any plate frames or advertising from them? </div></div>

Zach, where was your Biscayne built? Flint or Tarrytown?

In regards to the dealer code database, if they are using the one on their website where people submit entries, there is a lot of errors and incomplete information on that page. That's why I started making my own list.
Old 07-17-2014, 02:35 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr70</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When I enter KRISE on the NCRS site,it says see Tom Williams. </div></div>

Do I get paid for that [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/rolleyes.gif[/img]
02 Berger 380hp #95
Lots of L78 Novas
70 Orange Cooler
69 Camaro
Old 07-17-2014, 03:01 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: roeville</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I'm currently waiting for a reply from NCRS about correcting a typo. Originally I emailed Roy and he confirmed it was a simple typo. My 1971 Camaro was listed with a 1970 production date. 10 days later I had to submit a ticket on their (chevymuscledocs) website. Someone promptly responded and confirmed it was a typo and that a corrected letter would be mailed out in a couple of weeks. It's been a month now and no letter. They have not responded to my follow up via the help desk. Mike </div></div>

Same thing happens with Porsche Certificates of Authenticity. One little typo and you send it back for a corrected copy.
Old 07-19-2014, 12:33 AM

Thanked 2,396 Times in 758 Posts

I have been noticing a lot of people running across dealer code discrepancies Remember that the codes were recycled. Here's an example where a dealer went from Chevy to Olds to Pontiac under the very same code in two different states. So depending upon what year code list you are using, you will get different results:

Dealer Make: CHEV
Dealer Code: 13435
Dealer: DAVE MYERS CHEVROLET, INC.
Dealer Address: BOX 217
NORTH JACKSON, OH 444510217
Set Up Date: 00/00/00

Dealer Make: OLDS
Dealer: DON KINCAID MOTORS, INC.
Dealer Address: 5239 S. 4TH ST. TRAFFICWAY
LEAVENWORTH, KS 66048
Dealer Phone: 9137272277
Set Up Date: 11/20/89

Dealer Make: PONT
Dealer: DALE SHARP, INC.
Dealer Address: 1900 TOPEKA AVENUE
TOPEKA, KS 66612
Dealer Phone: 9132331361
Set Up Date: 00/00/00

Old 07-21-2014, 05:31 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alss</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WILMASBOYL78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well...here is a new twist to the NCRS program [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/scholar.gif[/img]

Turns out the report I got for the 1970 Nova lists the correct dealer code and zone...but, the wrong dealer name [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/hmmm.gif[/img] I just learned about this with some help from a fellow SYC member. The original dealer was...

<span style="font-family: 'Arial Black'">Zone Dealer Number Dealer Name Address City State Zipcode Source Year Active Notes
Change Dealer Details 12 380 LAKS CHEVROLET CORP. Unknown BLASDELL New York 14219 1978 Unknown Info Provided by AAA Window Stickers- Bill Petriko </span>

So, I looked them up online and Laks is still in business, but not with Chevy. I spoke to their Honda store and left a message for Mr. Laks. The receptionist I spoke with [20 years there] said they haven't had Chevy for at least that long...I also plan to send Mr. Laks a letter regarding this...we will see what happens.

Now, who do I contact at NCRS to get the documents revised with the correct info?? and has anyone else has a similar experience?? Laks is in Buffalo, I bought he car from the Buffalo area..the trunk has stickers from a local speed shop in that area...this all adds up.

wilma
</div></div>

My COPO had its motor replaced under warranty at Laks!

</div></div>

Well...I got a call today from Ray Laks...very nice guy! he told me that his brother and father opened the Chevy store in 1968 and it was closed down in 1984...no records were kept as far as he knows. He did confirm they were a &quot;performance oriented&quot; dealership and sold lots of hi-po cars. I am continuing the research and hope to connect back with guy I bought it from.

wilma
02 Berger 380hp #95
Lots of L78 Novas
70 Orange Cooler
69 Camaro
Old 07-23-2014, 01:03 PM

I got a call yesterday from the Don Laks [the other brother]..we had a nice chat. He is going to try and connect me with some of the former sales staff from way back when.

The search continues..wilma
02 Berger 380hp #95
Lots of L78 Novas
70 Orange Cooler
69 Camaro