Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Events > Auctions

Old 01-15-2018, 09:01 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Steering wheel was corrected. Car did have a real MN motor. Just not correct for that car. Also had BE. Was certified and in the registry. Someone got a nice COPO for the money. I try to be honest when I describe the cars that we sell and I think others are sometimes misrepresented.
Old 01-15-2018, 09:37 PM

Default Math

Although I do agree that the burgundy Copo was a beautiful car with outstanding workmanship by SCW, when it was on The Auction Block the auctioneers said that there were $190,000 in receipts that were spent on that car. Mecum lists the car as being sold for 214,500 and if you subtract the 10% buyers commission,that takes the sale price down to 195. Not to mention the sellers commission. Doesn't leave much meat on that bone.Of course the $190,000 in receipts could be an exaggeration but the auctioneers only read what is on the page and what is on the page is what is told to them by the seller.

Last edited by 61 vert; 01-15-2018 at 10:12 PM.
Old 01-15-2018, 11:38 PM

Thanked 1,112 Times in 326 Posts

Someone did get a heck of a deal. I’d pull the interior & Store it. Change it to white houndstooth deluxe. Some day 2 mods. Secure investment & cool at the shows.
The Following User Says Thank You to bergy For This Useful Post:
markinnaples (01-16-2018)
Old 01-16-2018, 07:42 PM

Thanked 1,895 Times in 495 Posts

I like the looks of that color combo. The dark/light contrast makes it work for me-I'd be less enthusiastic if it were Frost Green and it all blended together. I love the Burgundy car too, but I'm always surprised at how little love that color often gets from buyers. I think the lack of solid docs and original engine make it hard for affluent but more casual buyers to raise their paddle into six figures-its just hard for someone who doesn't really know the cars to shake the fear maybe someone's putting something over on them. This is no criticism of the car or how it was sold-I've personally bought cars that were very likely to be real but weren't bulletproof. I paid more than I would for a "possible" car but not as much as I'd pay for a "absolute" car. It's a price curve, right? Neat car, well bought. Thanks to 61 Vert for giving the heads up here.