Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 06-21-2017, 10:00 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Well you can order the 840HP Demon now...

My brother in law works works for Chrysler, and told me its open season.
They even have a help line to support customers.

If only I had the spare cash.....
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 06-21-2017, 11:07 PM

Before anyone puts down the $$ for the Demon -- you may want to check with your insurance company ... the shock may need a call to 911 ... TAZ
Old 06-21-2017, 11:43 PM

Thanked 3,399 Times in 1,242 Posts

In the 70's the Insurance Underwriters informed the big 3 that if they didn't de-tune some of the high horsepower cars, they weren't going to insure them anymore. They all listened.

In the late 80's with all the high theft rates, the same manufacturers were told to add theft deterrent systems to the ignition or once again, they weren't going to insure them. At that time the average life of an unattended Corvette on the streets of Chicago was under 3 minutes. GM added Vats to the Corvettes and since that time, they and others have expanded lines to include some kind of Transponder key or theft deterrent to the higher end cars. Insurance advisory boards wins again.

Now with the recent horsepower wars going on again, one has to wonder how long its going to take before history repeats itself with underwriters refusing to insure certain lines or models of cars?
Old 06-22-2017, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCam View Post
In the 70's the Insurance Underwriters informed the big 3 that if they didn't de-tune some of the high horsepower cars, they weren't going to insure them anymore. They all listened.

In the late 80's with all the high theft rates, the same manufacturers were told to add theft deterrent systems to the ignition or once again, they weren't going to insure them. At that time the average life of an unattended Corvette on the streets of Chicago was under 3 minutes. GM added Vats to the Corvettes and since that time, they and others have expanded lines to include some kind of Transponder key or theft deterrent to the higher end cars. Insurance advisory boards wins again.

Now with the recent horsepower wars going on again, one has to wonder how long its going to take before history repeats itself with underwriters refusing to insure certain lines or models of cars?
And along came the Yenko Deuce ...
Old 06-22-2017, 10:58 AM

The Collector Car insurance carries will cover that car reasonably, face it, it's a limited use vehicle. BTW, Hennesy is out with the "Exorcist" Camaro, 1000 hp, small article about it in this month's Muscle Car Review
70 L78 Nova Fathom Blue,Bench, 4spd, F41, 3:55
71 Porsche 911 Targa
Old 06-22-2017, 06:07 PM

One thing I have to wonder, will the driving school offer they provide free with purchase, help our hurt on insurance rates. I think it would help.

I think the Demon will be a better value over what ever Hennesey is pushing as they will make way way more Demons, and the warranty is likely better. The Demon can lift the front end off the ground, what more does a guy want? And if there was a warranty claim, I would rather roll the dice on quicker turn around from a Dodge dealer close to home, vs sending the car down to Texas.

Apples vs oranges for me, if you don't live in Houston.
Old 06-23-2017, 02:46 AM

Apparently they don't want you to drive it in weather 15 degrees or lower. It will compromise the street legal slicks it comes with. Sorry, you guys in snow belts can't buy one for a winter beater.
Old 06-23-2017, 02:25 PM

Chrysler announced a while back that Hagerty would guarantee coverage on the Demon.

Talking to a friend last night that has a Hellcat, he said he got his name on one from a dealer in FL at $10k over MSRP, to be delivered in Michigan. He was told they are already all spoken for.
Old 06-23-2017, 10:10 PM

Thanked 136,487 Times in 22,778 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vern B View Post
Chrysler announced a while back that Hagerty would guarantee coverage on the Demon.
Yep. Go to their website, put your Zip Code in, choose 2018, choose Dodge and get a price quote.