Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 04-14-2012, 04:49 PM

Default Re: Please Help Me Find My Uncle's COPO

man, whats not to love about all of them!! what i love about the old race cars is the way they are all customized a little differently. same with day2!! how about a day 3 which might include 1980 or so and later. how these cars were built, customized, raced and driven by each generation is what keeps you examining them at a show. i totally respect what it takes to restore a totally correct original car to as delivered condition. i know i don't have the patience, $ , or skill level.
i graduated hs in 1980 so a little after day 2 is my generation and pro street was gaining speed.we were all about the street racing back then. that was friday and sat night in my area. every now and then an old street racer from the area shows up at a local show and attracts some attention and reminds me of the days.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:20 PM

I'm glad its going back to factory stock, sad but glad. At least I'll never see it again the way it was when growing up.
Old 04-15-2012, 04:30 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

COPOkid, I say build a car in the way that you recall this one. It isn't about being a COPO to you, and we would love to see that lettered car again. Don't give up on re-living those early days.
Old 04-15-2012, 04:47 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pxtx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">COPOkid, I say build a car in the way that you recall this one. It isn't about being a COPO to you, and we would love to see that lettered car again. Don't give up on re-living those early days. </div></div>

I agree, buy a 1969 Camaro with a 6 banger and stuff a 427 with a muncie trans and 12 bolt rear and paint it just like it was back when you had the car and enjoy the memories.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:44 AM

I agree with getting a Camaro and doing it up,Prices on these 1st gen Camaro's are going Up,But if you look hard enough you can Score a Cool one..As a matter of fact there is a Cool Camaro for sale on this board-Brent396 has it posted,Its a BBC and has that vintage race car vibe..
Old 04-16-2012, 02:21 AM

I agree with the others, get a 69 Camaro and duplicate this race car!! That would be really cool!!

Mike, I graduated high school in 1988 and I think we were the last of the &quot;car guys&quot; generation... I can still remember my senior year in the spring being at morning auto shop class and the teacher had to leave for personal business for a while and left us fellas alone..

That was a mistake!! Three of us took our cars and did hole shots in the high school parking lot outside the auto shop area when the teacher left.. I had my 69 Nova with a 327 nitrous &amp; 411 gears, my other buddy had his 72 Plymouth Scamp built up with a 360, nitrous and was vitamin C orange with Cragar SS wheels and another friend had a Smokey &amp; the Bandit TA

We left so much smoke and rubber in the area a match teacher observed this from a math class window nearby and of course ratted us out to the auto shop teacher.. We just got yelled at is all!! A friend of ours was in that math class when it happened and was laughing his a$$ off!! The gold ole' days!!

Seems high school kids today are just not as cool as we were!!! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/cool.gif[/img] [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/headbang.gif[/img] [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/burnout.gif[/img]

Rich
Old 04-16-2012, 04:30 AM

I graduated in 2002 and a whole bunch of us were motor heads (about 40 of us).
Old 04-16-2012, 11:54 AM

Well since I didn't get this car from my uncle, I had been thinking of putting the paint scheme on a pulling truck. But I still have a problem, no garage, my one aunt bought the property that the business is on and she won't let us do anything with it. Plus I'd have to spend a lot to equip it, everything was sold. The buildings are as they were when I was a kid riding my big wheel and running and jumping on a creeper, empty. So I keep playing the lottery.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:07 PM

What a shame... The car as was had an incredible amount of character. It should have been preserved.

Couldn't the new owner have bought one of the many restored COPO's out there or found a plain COPO needing restoration to make perfect??

1974 Jeep CJ5 - 304 V8, Edelbrock Intake, Holley 650, MSD Ignition, Patriot Headers
Old 04-18-2012, 05:50 PM

I agree, what a shame...
1969 Z28 survivor Rally Green 20k miles
1969 Yenko Camaro Lemans Blue -muscatell sold new, second to last yenko made
1969 Berger copo original paint 240 miles
Lots of 67-72 Chevrolet trucks