Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Sponsors > Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals

Old 12-01-2016, 08:19 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,725 Times in 1,003 Posts
Default Re: MCACN 2017!!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bugsy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hoping they will have a 67Z display for 50th year. I would like to bring mine if they look for invites. Went to MCACN last year. Best show that I have ever been to. They do an awesome job with this show.

</div></div>
Yes we are doing a 67 Z28 display. We are looking for one in every color made.
Old 12-01-2016, 09:38 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jl8z28</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any body have any pictures of them I raced back in the late 70 S </div></div>

I only got a couple. I had the same RM 100 when I was a kid. Someone else may have more?

Old 12-01-2016, 09:57 PM
Yenko Advertising Member

Thanked 4,576 Times in 1,137 Posts

I like the Viper idea! But Steve's land yacht / pimp-daddy / hooptie display is intriguing. I know some of those Caddys came with 500+ cubic in engine making a neck snapping 175 horses! And weighing in at just under Jupiter....the zero to 60 time was a good 2 to 3 days!!! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img] And stopping? Eventually. I think people that drove those probably became train engineers. Doesn't a fully loaded train take a mile or so to stop? Same logic applies to those cars. Gotta think WAY ahead. Great...now I want one. Thanks Steve! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/thumbsdown.gif[/img]

Cheers [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img]
Old 12-01-2016, 10:47 PM

Thanked 2,401 Times in 758 Posts

A station wagon display would be really cool. You know that everyone's family had one back in the 60's and 70's. There were a couple neat wagons at the 2016 event.

Maybe we could reproduce this memorable scene from my family's vacation back in 1970.. I still have that old license plate...and the dumb purple cardigan I had to wear because my mother's second aunt's cousin knitted it for me with my name on the pocket. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Old 12-02-2016, 12:13 AM

I like the idea of bid body Muscle display, really liked the Big Impalas there this year:
Contenders would be
Chrysler 300 D, F or G.
62-68 Grand Prix any 4 speed versions.
C Body Mopars with factory 4 speeds.
Q and R Cade Mercs and Galaxies, 62-67. There Are 4 drs and wagons out there.
65-68 Big , Chevs, more like this year.
Cop cars from the 60,s. And early 70,s.
Big Buicks and Olds with 4 speeds..

Paul
68 Camaro Z28,Corvette Bronze,Houndstooth
www.vancouverclassiccars.com
Old 12-02-2016, 03:41 AM

Would anyone be interested in doing a pit bike display ? Or mini bike display ?
Old 12-02-2016, 04:17 PM

Thanked 1,048 Times in 332 Posts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bugsy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hoping they will have a 67Z display for 50th year. I would like to bring mine if they look for invites. Went to MCACN last year. Best show that I have ever been to. They do an awesome job with this show.

</div></div>

Here is a sneak peek at MCACN 2017;

Yes indeed, we will be hosting a special display devoted to 1967 Z/28's, with a goal of having a wide variety of the available colors. This will be limited to <span style="font-style: italic">one of each color</span>, (avoiding duplication) and the best of the best of real documented cars only. We have already confirmed several, so please don't hesitate to let us know what you would like to show.

If you own a 1967 Z/28 and would like to be a part of this special display, please e-mail me at [email protected] with pics and docs along with any interesting history. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img]

And with that being said...please see my post in General regarding our 50th Anniversary Celebration of the first Gen F-Bodies!

BTW; thanks for the kind words, Bugsy, and please send me info on your '67 Z.

Bashton
www.mcacn.com
Old 12-05-2016, 12:33 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Damien</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stefano</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A couple of feature show cases which Mr. Ashton can confirm will be:

Class of 1972
Class of 1967
Barn finds &amp; Hidden Gems
Muscle Bikes

What did you guys think of the Moto-X display? </div></div>

I thought the Moto X display was great and in keeping with the theme of the show. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img] </div></div>

NOPE, I thought the opposite. Had no idea WHAT it was doing there...or the Broncos for that matter. And as far as station wagons...yeah, if they were drag cars that would be awesome, hello LEAD SLED, but regular wagons? Nuh-uh.

The &quot;theme&quot; of the show is in the title: The Musclecar and Corvette Nationals. It's not the &quot;What Baby-Boomers-Remember-From-Their-Youth Nationals&quot;. That's my 2 cents.
Old 12-05-2016, 01:13 PM

Thanked 1,048 Times in 332 Posts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tracker1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Damien</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stefano</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A couple of feature show cases which Mr. Ashton can confirm will be:

Class of 1972
Class of 1967
Barn finds &amp; Hidden Gems
Muscle Bikes

What did you guys think of the Moto-X display? </div></div>

I thought the Moto X display was great and in keeping with the theme of the show. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img] </div></div>

NOPE, I thought the opposite. Had no idea WHAT it was doing there...or the Broncos for that matter. And as far as station wagons...yeah, if they were drag cars that would be awesome, hello LEAD SLED, but regular wagons? Nuh-uh.

The &quot;theme&quot; of the show is in the title: The Musclecar and Corvette Nationals. It's not the &quot;What Baby-Boomers-Remember-From-Their-Youth Nationals&quot;. That's my 2 cents. </div></div>

Believe it or not, we appreciate and consider all feedback.

As for Wagons, certainly a possibility IF they have a performance twist. And yes...there are a few out there that would fit that criteria and certainly not &quot;regular&quot; wagons like what Mom drove.

As for the motorcycles, they were a HUGE hit and exceptionally well received. We will have Mr. Schwartz joining us again for 2017 with an entirely different round of motorcycles, and he has informed me that he can do the display with all different bikes for several more years.

One thing we always attempt to do is throw in some stuff that may not exactly &quot;fit&quot; the overall theme of the show, but is just fun. We have to keep in mind that occasionally some people are &quot;dragged along&quot; to the show and really could care less about whether it is a Hemi or a 6 banger or whether it is a real ZL1 or COPO. These people do, however, freak out over a group of motorcycles, or bicycles or even the Tucker, the Amphicar or Meisenhelder we had in the lobby in years past.

I know, I know...hard to believe that there are actually some people out there that don't care if they never see another Hemi Car, Mustang or Camaro! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dunno.gif[/img]

Bashton
www.mcacn.com
Old 12-05-2016, 03:21 PM

Thanked 1,402 Times in 672 Posts

Anyone thought of maybe a Meyers Manx and related buggy display?
John 10:30