Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Old 04-24-2005, 03:51 AM

Default COPO CAMARO #9561 FOR SALE

This Awesome "Dover White" X-44 COPO Camaro is Now available for Sale. Built the First week of May, and Purchased new at "REEDMAN CHEVROLET" in Langhorne Pennsylvania on 8.20.69 for $3806.00 By William Martell. This was one of only 4 COPO Camaro's that REEDMAN sold. Options Included, AM/FM Radio, Rally Wheels, Endura Bumper. This is a True Day 2 Car. He removed the Smog Pump and exhaust for a New set of HOOKER Super Comp headers. He also pulled the Original VIN stamped Engine and put it on a Stand for Safe keeping while a 427/435 Modified Vette Engine Terrorized the Streets and the Drag Strips. (It got to the point that no one would Race the "Sleeper" white Camaro, so he did the next logical move. He painted it Green!) He went to Langhorne Speed Shop and installed the Ultra Desired S/W Greenline Gauges, Just like the ones in the Yenko Cars. The Car Threw the right Axle at 3 months old which caused minor Damage to the lower Quarter Panel that was repaired. He also added an Electric Fuel Pump, a Driveshaft Safety loop and Traction Bars which Remain on the car to this day. The Car was maintained in great condition. eventually the Race engine died and the Original 427 was reinstalled. The Car was then Sold to his Friend Brian Korcoran. Brian had some work done to the Heads at Brandywine Cylinder heads and they stamped his name in the front of the Heads which remain there to this Day. in 1977, The Rear threw another Axle and Brian Put a Dana Rear in the Car. He also installed a Muncie M-22 Transmission and Lakewood Bellhousing. He did some Drag Racing with the Car at Englishtown where it became a Class Champion at one point. He used the Car very little after that and it sat for a few years. In the early 80's, Daniel Yau, another Local Bought The Car. He would take it back to Billy Martell to do service Work on the Car. Yau went up to Langhorne Speed shop and Bought a 12 Bolt Posi rear and had it installed as he wanted to Bring the Car Back to original. after a couple years of Ownership, he sold the Car to John DiGiallorenzo in 1987. John is a Master Mechanic by Trade and did a very nice Restoration on the Car. He had it stripped to Bare Metal and repainted the original Dover White. He removed the Engine and took it To The Drag World Famous Engine Builder, "Radar". the Engine Remained Standard Bore and He Balanced and Blueprinted the 427. John Took the Car to Camaro Shows Hosted by the I.C.C. in the Northeast region from the Late 80's until 1994. During a Show in Maryland in 1990, Famed Camaro Historian and Author, "John R. Hooper" Took an interest in the COPO. He arranged a Photo and Documentation session which he used in his Now Highly Sought after Book, "The 1969 Camaro Reference Book A-Z". Several Photos of the Car are in the Book and the Owner is mentioned by Name as well. The Car also Graced the Cover of The "US MUSCLE" Camaro Parts Catalog in 1991, again The Car and Owner are mentioned By Name on the inside Cover of that Catalog. Copies of Each are included with the Car as they are important to the Cars History. John Built a Street Rod and the Camaro saw very little movement until this year. In 2004 a Friend of Mine asked me to Find him a COPO Camaro. It took a Year to get John to even talk on the Phone about selling the car but he finally relented. when I saw the Car, I was very impressed with it. She has all original Sheetmetal. No accidents ever. the Interior is completely original and the Odometer shows 23,053 Miles. My friend had to back out and I ended up with the Car as it impressed me that much. all Glass is Date Code correct and original to the Car. The Cowl Hood Functions as it should. The Original Holley Carb is on top of The Original VIN Stamped Engine as well. He replaced the Water Pump, But I have the Old one. In The Trunk is a Space Saver Spare Mounted on a Rally Rim. After Buying the Car, I spent many weeks Researching the Car's Origins. I even took a Statement from Billy Martell's Friend who worked in the Parts dept. at Reedman Chevy. He Called him right up when the Car arrived. That Man is still employed by REEDMAN to this very day as the Parts Manager! He like many other first Hand eyewitnesses Remembered Billy Martell and this Legendary Car with Great Fondness. Sadly, Billy Died in a Fire in 1984. On April 13th, 2005 I Received My Official C.O.P.O. Verification for this Car from Mr. Ed Cunneen. The Vin# is recorded with him and listed on his web site. It is so far the Only REEDMAN C.O.P.O. Registered as yet. It has never been Registered further than 50 Miles from REEDMAN since it was Bought New! All Photo's, Statements, Complete Owner History and Other Documents for the car are put together in a Nice 3 Ring Binder. I took the Car up to Carlisle on 4.22.05 and it was a Non Stop Crowd Pleaser. I only stayed about 5 hours as it turned into a Downpour. So I am going to Start to Market the car Right here. My Asking Price is $157,500 or Best Offer. Muscle Car Trades Plus Cash will be considered. Reasonable offers will also be taken into consideration. The Car is Located in the Suburbs West Of Philadelphia Pa. My Phone number is 610-534-2944 You Can e-mail me at [email protected] Let's Make a Deal!! Pictures can be viewed at http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrow...der_id=1239068
Attached Images

Attachments - The Supercar Registry 136145-JohnDiGiallarenzo(inBlue)withBarryFerrisOwnerofLanghorneSpeedShope.jpg 135991-LanghorneSpeedShop(1).jpg 135711-COPO047.jpg
O Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 04-24-2005, 05:39 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: COPO CAMARO #9561 FOR SALE

12 BOLT- CANNOT GET THE PICTURES TO COME UP- SAYS THERE IS AN ERROR
Old 04-24-2005, 08:28 AM

http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrow...der_id=1239068 Try this link! apparently they were having some difficulty.
Old 04-24-2005, 09:55 AM

In addition to the above, it should also be noted this car is a 1 of 1 back-up light delete car.
Old 04-24-2005, 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In addition to the above, it should also be noted this car is a 1 of 1 back-up light delete car.

[/ QUOTE ]I prefer the term, "Reverse light Delete" If you want to Race me with your little Nova, you can get a great view of them all the way down the strip!
Old 04-24-2005, 07:24 PM

Wonderful story - very rich with details. I like this beast! Curious as to how it was possible to order "back-up light delete" from a highway safety standpoint? What is the advantage? If the car was built in May and delivered in Aug., it doesn't appear Billy Martin was the one doing the ordering. Was the car bought off the lot?

Thanks,
Sam

Old 04-24-2005, 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wonderful story - very rich with details. I like this beast! Curious as to how it was possible to order "back-up light delete" from a highway safety standpoint? What is the advantage? If the car was built in May and delivered in Aug., it doesn't appear Billy Martin was the one doing the ordering. Was the car bought off the lot?

Thanks,
Sam

[/ QUOTE ]The jury is still out on the Tail lights! REEDMAN Chevrolet received 4 COPO Cars. It is unclear if they were a Dealer Trade, or if they were Dumped on them By Chevrolet when that one Big Batch of COPO's was returned from the Dealership that received like 40 Cars. Billy Martell had just Bought a 396/325 a/c SS Chevelle a Month Previous when he got the call that these cars had come in. He Drove right up and Traded the Chevelle in on the COPO. Barry Ferris, Owner of Langhorne Speed Shop also confirmed this Car and the story as he wanted to Buy the Green Radio Delete COPO that was next to this one. His W-2 form only allowed him to settle for a New Z-28! This Car and Billy Martell were Legends in the Bucks County area of Pennsylvania. there was a Blue COPO Automatic Car that supposedly was Bought By a Black Man from Morrisville N.J. and a Yellow Car with Front and Rear Spoilers that was Bought By Robert O'Brien. He died from injuries received when he totaled that Car in 1974. He also was a Friend of Barry Ferris.
Old 04-24-2005, 08:40 PM

saw this car at carlisle this weekend: one of the nicest cars i have seen bar none.

Old 04-24-2005, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you want to Race me with your little Nova, you can get a great view of them all the way down the strip!

[/ QUOTE ]
Hmmm...I believe we could settle that at SCR8!

[ QUOTE ]
is unclear if they were a Dealer Trade, or if they were Dumped on them By Chevrolet when that one Big Batch of COPO's was returned from the Dealership that received like 40 Cars.

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you referring to the ZL-1 Camaros?
Old 04-25-2005, 08:42 PM

Legends of Bucks County! Where did they do all of this racing?
67 RS Camaro-327/250hp, 2speed Glide, & 3.08 Open (Danny's Ride)