Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Ebay & other seen ads section

Please note

Old 12-13-2017, 01:38 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default 1970 Nova

anyone know any history on this nova. dropped the price form 39 to 35.

https://chicago.craigslist.org/nch/c...404761508.html
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 12-13-2017, 04:47 AM

Don't know the history, but I sure see a lot of things that don't quite add up. The fellow did a nice job on what he has done, but looks like an A/C dash on the passenger side, A/C heater control, no A/C on the left of the Speedo dash bezel, appears to maybe have a tach dash, but no console and gauges, Speedo cable routed from driver side rather than passenger side makes me wonder if its a true Muncie 4-speed car or conversion. Does have a crossmember that appears to be a big block, but looks like tranny is bolted in the center meaning this could be small block or a Firebird crossmember. Has a late model brake proportioning valve. Looks like Hurst shifter and linkage. Has an inline reverse or backup switch mounted to the shifter. The intake is something odd and not the 3933163. Looks like 69 alt brackets. Fan blade looks like it might be a correct solid 5 blade 5 rivet. No reverse interlock linkages. Also looks like an auto shift column and a auto selector in the speedo bezel. Looks like maybe a radio delete cover homemade? I guess it depends on what you're after or looking for as far as being technically correct? Originality? Just a nice show car thats been built to his way of thinking? I'd like to see the cowl tag to verify bench or bucket seats, interior and color codes. Also is it a 12 Bolt rear diff? Is it a 11427 car or a 11327 car that's been badged or cloned? What are the heads? Holley? It is a nice looking ride for wht it is. Not sure I'd be willing to go that much on price considering everything.

Last edited by 69novamanrick; 12-13-2017 at 11:19 AM.
Old 12-13-2017, 01:33 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 1,596 Times in 490 Posts
Default 70 L78 Nova..??

Like any car...only way to figure them out is to see them in person. Looks nice, but as stated there are lots of questions to consider.

Note the std. door panels...that probably indicates this was a rubber mat car at birth, and the buckets were added...maybe..??

Intake looks like a flat #569 which is correct for 70 L78...

All of these Novas seem to have the same issue...the SS badge is always upside down on the front grille

You probably couldn't build an L78 clone for the asking price...worth a look if someone is close by.

-wilma
02 Berger 380hp #95
Lots of L78 Novas
Join National Nostalgic Nova!
70 Orange Cooler
69 Camaro