Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Comments/Suggestions > Comments, Suggestions, Problems

Old 03-04-2017, 02:48 AM

Thanked 3,400 Times in 1,243 Posts

Kurt,

Edit Options
Thread Display Mode

3rd section from the bottom
Old 03-04-2017, 03:35 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Not a big fan of this change......😡
1969 Z28 X33D80 31k original mile Survivor Dusk POP Bornwith drivetrain.Sold
1969 Camaro LM1 Olympic Gold 78k original miles
1995 Camaro Z28 silver Convertible AT

1969 Camaro COPO 9561 21k original miles original drivetrain M22 Tach and gauge package
Old 03-04-2017, 03:56 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verne_Frantz View Post
Thanks for helping Jody. How about bringing back the top button to get to all Forums?
Verne
What did it do? All the forums are listed top to bottom on the page, not sure what this top button is or would do.

Old 03-04-2017, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaronos View Post
i hate to tell you guys.....there are a pile of folks not digging this......at all.

Not to be smart, but i did not ask for a change. Then why did i get it????

This sort of thing could/will drive me and a lot of members away. It is not a threat, just a fact.

The world is changing, but for a lot of things, not for the better.

And yes i am damn frustrated with this look!
plus 10000000000000000000000! Yuck!

1970 Top Secret Very Special Muscle Car in restoration by MASCAR to be unveiled at MCACN 2020

Old 03-04-2017, 11:59 AM

Can someone assist me with getting logged back in under my old username? Since the site here changed I got locked out and attempted to re set my username/password but the site would not send me a new password under my original registered email. I had to re register as a new member but would like to get logged back in under my old username...

Thanks Rich
Old 03-04-2017, 12:26 PM

So the new look is pretty interesting and I WILL figure it all out. Couple of questions:

1. Why is my avatar (and many others) so huge? Will this be corrected eventually or do I need to do something?
2. My signature photo only shows my link to my photobucket account. How do I make the photo show on its own?

Thanks Jody!

Old 03-04-2017, 01:11 PM

Thanked 3,400 Times in 1,243 Posts

Sam,

I'm assuming the old forum settings resized any Avatar pictures to the maximum display size allowed and that a lot of people had larger file sizes in the pictures they had previously linked. Because the forum settings restricted the display size, I am sure they only appeared as small sizes in the user name display area because the software restricted the actual display size. It now looks like the forum software does not automatically resize the users linked image therefore it is cropping those with larger images to the maximum display window on the left sidebar.

I assume the restriction of size will be reinstated soon, and in the meantime you can resize your Avatar image to 150 pixels or less for it to display correctly. Perhaps try that and re-link it in your Avatar settings and it will display correctly. I made mine small and it's working good. The signature image redirect is another bug that will need to be sorted out and I'm sure it's on the list of things being looked at. My signature image appears as a link as well and the editing box in settings does not have an option for adding an image for signatures. I have tried pasting every redirect link possible from photobucket and all appear as a link only. An option needs to be added to the edit fields to add an image to the signature setup.

Great job on the conversion so far Jody. One thing I'd request, duplicate that forum jump box at the bottom right of the screen and add one to the top navigation bar so users do not need to scroll to the bottom to reset the page or jump to another section of the forums. The old site had hot links along the top of the page so if you were reading a thread in one particular section, you could go top of the page and jump to another section without having to back out of the pages?

I think the old hot link button was called "FORUMS" and clicking it took you to the home page displaying all sections. It was linked to this index page but didn't open it as a new page, it just returned you to index as home and had that link left on the top navigation bar?

Last edited by NorCam; 03-04-2017 at 01:26 PM.
Old 03-04-2017, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCam View Post
Sam,

I think the old hot link button was called "FORUMS" and clicking it took you to the home page displaying all sections. It was linked to this index page but didn't open it as a new page, it just returned you to index as home and had that link left on the top navigation bar?
Yep, that's what I meant. I found out that by clicking on the Yenko.net logo at the top left, it did the same thing and redirected my view to the whole forum list.

Verne
Old 03-04-2017, 01:34 PM

Thanked 4,543 Times in 2,147 Posts

'

Looks like links posted to past SYC threads no longer work?
Recent example, click below to last week's Clone LS6 'Vert thread and try the link I had posted to the 2015 thread on the same car...
https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=141666

~ PETE

Old 03-04-2017, 01:53 PM

Thanked 4,543 Times in 2,147 Posts

'

It gets worse as trying a few other things, the results aren't good.
Googling for past threads here, Google finds them Ok but clicking on them takes you to main menus here and not the thread.
Using last week's Clone LS6 as an example again, try Googling the Vin # only as below then click on the Google results...even last week's thread takes you to the Menu.

Clone LS6 Vin - 136670B103345

Thanks for all you're doing Jody!

~ PETE